The River Tyne

Retired Old ■■■■:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:
Going past a farm nr Derby today I saw a green box body with white letters and I think it said Tyne tees storage ect ?

Hi Dan, This name dosnt ring any bells Im afraid, But having said this Im getting a bit absent minded in my old age , Im just having a large Single Malt & relaxing after a very hard day in the office :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , I meant in the garden of course, But either way Ive earned the Single Double measure Malt, Hope you are doing well in the haulage game, Regards Larry.

Halfway down a rather nice bottle of Ardmore myself, Larry. Although “She-who-must-be-obeyed” down at the surgery reckons I should be cutting down at my age!

Always remember my grandad in the fifties had an engraved tankard. The legend read, I’ve been doing some serious thinking, a thought has come into my head, if you can’t get a drink when you’re living, you’ve a hell of a job when you’re dead!!! :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:
Going past a farm nr Derby today I saw a green box body with white letters and I think it said Tyne tees storage ect ?

Hi Dan, This name dosnt ring any bells Im afraid, But having said this Im getting a bit absent minded in my old age , Im just having a large Single Malt & relaxing after a very hard day in the office :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , I meant in the garden of course, But either way Ive earned the Single Double measure Malt, Hope you are doing well in the haulage game, Regards Larry.

Halfway down a rather nice bottle of Ardmore myself, Larry. Although “She-who-must-be-obeyed” down at the surgery reckons I should be cutting down at my age!

Always remember my grandad in the fifties had an engraved tankard. The legend read, I’ve been doing some serious thinking, a thought has come into my head, if you can’t get a drink when you’re living, you’ve a hell of a job when you’re dead!!! :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Treuer words have never been spoken Kev, So live for today as tomorrow never comes, Ive just opened a 12 year old 40 volt single malt Strathisla from Speyside, Its a very smooth have another one or two if you know what I mean, Im just relaxing after a hard day at the office, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

A few from the weekend

IMGP0599.JPG

IMGP0581.JPG

IMGP0582.JPG

IMGP0587.JPG

IMGP0586.JPG

Lots of these towers/legs in the river, I think they’re the bases for the wind turbines being erected off the coast

BEL Valves, (British Engines) about the only old company left on Newcastle Quayside now.
IMG_20180722_211658.jpg

This was leaving the river today.

Not exactly on the riverbank but, the 90mtr apartment block the tower crane being erected will build, has an unrivalled view of the river and the rest of Tyneside.
IMG_20180825_193527.jpg

Great shots there Kev Keep them rolling my friend, When is the next Tasting Dtae, I was speaking to Jimmy Blackburn the other day & he asked about this :question: The Good Old Labour Club Doon Thi Toon, Hope you are keeping well Kev Regards Larry.

kevmac47:
Not exactly on the riverbank but, the 90mtr apartment block the tower crane being erected will build, has an unrivalled view of the river and the rest of Tyneside.3210

I remember Mr Baldwin well, he was expanding his business in Dammam in Saudi around about 1981. A down to earth straight talking man!

Sorry, double post!

Lawrence Dunbar:
Great shots there Kev Keep them rolling my friend, When is the next Tasting Dtae, I was speaking to Jimmy Blackburn the other day & he asked about this :question: The Good Old Labour Club Doon Thi Toon, Hope you are keeping well Kev Regards Larry.

Larry, the main man has just gone on holiday for few weeks, I’ll ask him when he gets back.
Regards Kev.

So Larry,

Is Riley’s Fish Shack at Tynemouth really as 5 star as Tom Parker Bowles insists this week in ‘event’ magazine?

John.

John West:
So Larry,

Is Riley’s Fish Shack at Tynemouth really as 5 star as Tom Parker Bowles insists this week in ‘event’ magazine?

John.

Well John, Sadley I cant comment on this, Im a Lobster man that enjoys food like this but I have never been able to visist this well advertised eatery, My good Lady is wheel chair bound, So access to this taste bud twitcher isnt possible, But I have heard some 5 star reports on it, Regards Larry.

Nothing on this thread for a while, out on my isolation ride this morning this very smart, and impressive piece of kit was berthed on the other side of the river. Regards Kev.
IMG_20200326_092211.jpg

kevmac47:
Nothing on this thread for a while, out on my isolation ride this morning this very smart, and impressive piece of kit was berthed on the other side of the river. Regards Kev.0

Yes the vessel is the Skandi Africa and is loading out a 50 km umbilical from our factory which is bound for Indonesia. Was a little bit of a panic with this at first when vessel came in as there is a extremely low spring tide due around the 5th April which would have meant vessel draft will bottom out on the river bed. Luckily we have had no major holdups and at moment vessel will sail on high tide friday hopefully.
Vessel cannot sail to Indonesia as with the worldwide Covid virus will not be allowed into Indonesian waters so other options are being looked at as we speak.

First pic 1928, second one someone will perhaps recognise the location.
Oily

oiltreader:
Oily

Second photo looks like High Bridge in Newcastle walking from Grey St towards the Bigg Market Tyneside

tyneside:

oiltreader:
Oily

Second photo looks like High Bridge in Newcastle walking from Grey St towards the Bigg Market Tyneside

I would agree with you on this one Tyneside, I used to deliver goods in the very same Street, With JVK 44, When I drtove for Baxters , It was a Scammell Mechanical Horse as they were called in those good old days, Thanks for posting this great stuff about the Toon, Regards Larry.

These were going out of the river today, quite a spectacular sight! I think they’re bound to the new wind farm on the Dogger Bank. There’s a whole gaggle of them on the site of the old Wallsend Slipway. They look as if they’re a part of the old sci fi film War of the Worlds.
Regards Kev.