The quernhow cafe

Quernhow used to be a great place to park up and eat, but that was back in the 80โ€™s :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
It was always my Monday morning destination to have a full brekkie for almost 6 years 80 -85,
shame to hear itโ€™s gone down the pan :frowning: :frowning:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Yes it just seems such a shame,as just looking at the place it has so much potential.
Anyway,remembering how it used to be,you know how it could be in the right hands.
Iโ€™m not sure what it says about us Brits culturally when places like this are pretty common.
For example,if this was France,we would have a completely different situation.
In fact, I do,wish I was French!!!

The French rouitier network,always low prices,very good food,that make a top London restaurant look like MacDonalds compared to what French drivers have on offer,5 to 6 course meals,great service,it is quite common to share a table with the local Police and Town Council officials and families eat with truckers too in France.
I have had rabbit stew,beef tails or Oxtails,snails(With garlic butter inside.),Pigs trotters,and anything that can be hunted down and shot,goes in to the pan.Venison is popular too.

Aye in the 70โ€™s-80โ€™s Quernhow was the cafe everybody made for in that area mostly a queue to get served but well worth the wait. eddie.

erfguy:
Aye in the 70โ€™s-80โ€™s Quernhow was the cafe everybody made for in that area mostly a queue to get served but well worth the wait. eddie.

At the same time though the transport motel was open at Aberford wasnt it?

Wheel Nut:

erfguy:

At the same time though the transport motel was open at Aberford wasnt it?

micklefield, i remember that one.