The price of derv!

With fuel once again going throu the roof as a professional driver how does it effect you!

Do you care that it is almost at a all time high?
or are you really only bothered because it costs you more to get to work?

Are your Company doing anything to reduce fuel usage? do you get a bonus for more MPG?

What does bother me is very little has been said this time amongst Transport companies regarding the fuel costs, No one is talking of a strike! No one seems to care.
As fuel goes up one thing is for certain wages will stay low and transport companies will use the price of fuel at your next wage increase negotiations to keep any increase low!

:laughing: no i,m not biting… my hands are firmly under me backside. :wink:

TC:
Do you care that it is almost at a all time high?

No, because I buy all mine in Belgium.

Vince

Vince:
No, because I buy all mine in Belgium.

Vince

Is it not also at a all time High in Belgium??

TC:

In fact, it is. In Adinkerke last week it was 51p per litre.

But that’s still 30p per litre than UK prices and means a saving of around £400 on a fill-up.

Although, as a humble employee, all it means to me is an easy day’s pay for a leisurely day sitting around on the boat and bimbling up to the Belgian border.

Vince

Vince:
Although, as a humble employee, all it means to me is an easy day’s pay for a leisurely day sitting around on the boat and bimbling up to the Belgian border.

Vince

Thats my point mate! is that all it is to you??

Come wage Negotions time your employers will use the price of Derv as a leaverage to paying you less for the next 12 months!

So ineffect this may cost you much more than you think.

No, it works the other way round. I say to him “You can afford to give me a decent pay rise because of all the money you’re saving by buying diesel in Belgium”

Then I say “Well, if you won`t pay me what I want, then I’ll be off to BOC Gist, who are advertising for 60 drivers”

And then he`ll give me what I want. Viva le driver shortage! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

I’ve put my prices up.

I’d rather sit at home and lose money than take my truck out and do the same!

I’ve never understood why hauliers feel they need to absorb fuel increases. Yes, there is the argument re non UK trucks taking over, but why cover it up?

spaceman:
I’ve put my prices up.

I’d rather sit at home and lose money than take my truck out and do the same!

I’ve never understood why hauliers feel they need to absorb fuel increases. Yes, there is the argument re non UK trucks taking over, but why cover it up?

I’ve put mine up as well :wink:

no foreign truck is going to come down here and start moving livestock, are they :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

TC:

It’s at an all time high everywhere :angry:

I buy almost all my fuel in Luxembourg, sometimes Belgium when the run home doesn’t take me through Lux, and there it has broken 80 cents a litre for the first time, working out to 48 ppl net of VAT. The Euro exchange rate has dropped a bit as well recently so as well as the price rises that has made the fuel more expensive. My average weekly fill in Luxembourg has gone up by around £70 since the start of the year and I’ve been adding the extra cost to the invoices and passing the charge on.

And they’re complaining about the $2 gallon here… Nearly $2.50 in California tho.
That’s 36p a litre at current exchange rates…

Gee, I thought that the $2.15/gal they are charging here was bad! That’s about 32.5p/litre, BTW.