The Police got it right again

Only he should have got longer in jail…s about time the Police done someone for this just a shame it wasnt a truck driver.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thenews.co.uk/ViewArticle2.a … ID=1501535

askaprice.com/torque-article … &item=1652

Is that a new thing then where you need to put your fogs on to drop off a fare?, the guy is obviously an ■■■■■■■■ who drives with his headlights on.

The next thing he will be doing is hgaving stupid little frilly curtains to hide behind and roof bar lights on top of his taxi…

Chief Superintendent John Campbell,defended the officers’ actions, saying Mr Potter had been warned before about driving with his fog lights on.
He said: 'Advice had not been followed and there was little alternative but to issue a fixed-penalty notice.

I think that is the Crux of the matter.

He’s obviously an obnoxios ■■■■■■■ who doesnt think the law applies to him.

Best thing to do would be take his HC licence off him :smiling_imp: Actually are convicted criminals allowed to hold HC licences?

If they come from Lithuania they can do anything .

NOT TRUE!!!

We have a lithuanian courier who cant deliver parcels, so pretty clear he cant do that :laughing:

Without getting into the race/nationalist crap again, we also have a Lithuanian who is ■■■■ hot.

How ridiculous.If isn’t going to pay the fine he should have his license suspended til he does,plus costs etc.

Banging him up for 5 days just costs the taxpayer.

is it a case of pay the fine OR go to jail or do they still chase you for the fine after your release?

dennis1 every council applies diferent rules concerning convicts getting cab licences,if its spent then most will give a licence on the grounds that if he/she reoffends then they will lose the licence.

new forest is one of the most strict in the country,for checking backgrounds,took 3 months to get my licence even tho ive held one for the last ten years,with the same council.

I guess it depends on what a person has been convicted of too.

I mean ■■■■, you would imagine that would be a no way.

It’ll hammer his insurance up though being a ‘driving related conviction’

Obviously the Police have no respect for Taxi Drivers trying to earn an honest Living :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If the Police Officers involved had taken time to read the Taxi Drivers Highway Code as issued by the Taxi Drivers Association they would of seen that the Following Rules Applies to all taxi drivers:

Taxi Drivers Bible

A Taxi Driver may leave Fog Lights on at all times as a matter of safety to the passengers being carried, it is a danger to the passengers to take ones eyes off the Road to turn off the foglights.

A Taxi Driver May sound his horn at any time of day or night to alert a waiting customer in a house of his presence, to save him leaving the vehicle unattended.

A Taxi Driver may stop on a left turn lane at a roundabout to proceed straight ahead to permit him to get ahead of queing traffic in the correct lane to save his passengers any needless delays.

A Taxi Driver may cut up any other vehicle in a bid to save time regardless of the actual time saved by carrying out such actions.

A Taxi Drivers decision is final and no amount of arguing will sway his opinion

So as you can see, the police over reacted :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Do we know if this was a front or rear fog lamp?
It seems to have become the fashion to drive with the front fog lamps on recently, rears can be easily forgotten, I’m sure we’ve all been guilty of that at some point.
I have heard of people being cautioned for the use of fog lamps, when in fact they were Driving lamps, the coppers not even knowing the difference. Driving lamps used to be sold to go along side spot lamps, the driving lamps would provide a wide band of illumination, whereas the spot lamps would, as the name suggests create a small spot of light. However, neither of these operated when dipped beam was used, only when the main beam came on.

davey driver
you forgot a taxi driver can take you on the longest possible route not realizing you actually know the area and then can and will charge what he likes.

I have heard of people being cautioned for the use of fog lamps, when in fact they were Driving lamps, the coppers not even knowing the difference. Driving lamps used to be sold to go along side spot lamps, the driving lamps would provide a wide band of illumination, whereas the spot lamps would, as the name suggests create a small spot of light. However, neither of these operated when dipped beam was used, only when the main beam came on.

I think the last sentance is the key point, basically you can have as many front lights on as you like, providing they go out when dipped. My mini has both driving and Fog lamps, the fogs work on an independant switch the driving lamps work on the dip switch.
Most cars these days (especially those with H7 lamps) have driving lamps built into the head lamps. Some mid nineteys cars had them on higer spec models only, hence if you compare a base model Mondeo and a Ghia the Ghia has extra refelectors and lenses inboard of the main lamps the cheap ones dont.

the driving lamps would provide a wide band of illumination

This is actually what front fog lamps do, they’re meant to illuminate the edges of the road. However what you mean is a wide ‘field’ of illumination, which is just to supplement the main beam.

Basically i think why this guy got done was he had obviously been warned several times before and carried on doing it just to be an antagonist.

jammymutt:
Only he should have got longer in jail…s about time the Police done someone for this just a shame it wasnt a truck driver.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The next thing he will be doing is hgaving stupid little frilly curtains to hide behind and roof bar lights on top of his taxi…

here here al i quite agree.

the driver was not imprisoned for using fog lights when he shouldn’t, as usual the newspaper headlines are there to grab peoples attention, the driver was sent to prison for failing to pay the fine, it just happened that the fine was issued for improper use of a vehicles lights although it could easily have been for anything at all.
driver sent to prison for using fog lights does seem pretty extreme even though i think it should become law and they should all be sent to prison for improper use of lights including failing to have them on when the conditions warrant it.

I quite agree johnnny ,and for not putting their hand over their mouth when the cough!! Throw away the KEY!!! :imp:

harry:
I quite agree johnnny ,and for not putting their hand over their mouth when the cough!! Throw away the KEY!!! :imp:

LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Technically that probably is illegal if anyone chose to enforce it.

I’m sure it would be covered by spreading a contagious disease. :laughing: