The pink panther

hi there long time no speak my apologies to one and all.
yesterday i went up to a church in bromley kent to put some flowers on mum inlaws grave god rest her, after a few quiet thoughts i walked back to the car and noticed a very impressive black and gold grave,on which was a gold circle with < > on each side the name was w humphreys on the gravestonewere two beautifly etched scania 141s and on the side of the border of the grave it said keep on truckin .
im sure he lived in a large house on bromley common and could see rather strange coulored units on his drive sometimes (not the done thing in the posh part of bromley i suppose) im sure he had a pink 141 with a crome plate on the front saying haulin ■■■ (hope i can say that) the truck was called the pink panther.also im sure i saw it at marseille docks changing trailers .this was probabley around1980ish when i was waiting for telex ,remember them guys? i never did see the driver but spent a happy afternoon people whatching under a palm tree drinking pelforth beer ; good stuff too!!! sorry i digress , a few years later whilst sitting through eastenders to pacify my wife(id been gone a bit too long for her liking !!)what do i see but the very same unit all in pink !!!
did they have a yard in silvertown east london ??does anyone rember this truck ■■ best regards david ps still searching for photos

i remember seeing that truck in a magazine called trucking class he also ran a very smart f88 with leather interior .the company is still going but under the name w humphries bills son

I think they’re still in Silvertown,see them in the area now and then.I remember seeing the Volvo about.

the scania 141 and 111’s he had some were ex robson road haulage motors out of depford south london they used to pull holsten trailers lovely clean motors painted in yellow and black

Yeah i remember the pink panther…and often used to run down southern france with the driver…bill
Robsons was another good firm and lost the contract with holstens for a bit of skullduggery..only the son is working in transport now..funnily in deptford where he has a warehouse and storage facilities..on the site of the old convoys`…althouigh i believe they are re-developing it so dont know where he will go from there.

the holsten contract was not lost charlie robson who owned the company steped down and let his two boys run it teddy robson and mickey robson but they was not interested in the companys future when the company had money troubles due to the pernod contract holsten offered them a blank cheque to get through this trouble but mickey and ted turned it down and liqidated the company even when robsons were still worth money and from this day they still own the yard

No doubt Truckyboy can answer this question.

Who is the company with the nice tidy Scanias on the chicane before T & L in Silvertown. Factory Road leading to North Woolwich Road, they always look a tidy fleet :question:

Hi Malc…sorry in taking too long to answer…bit busy these days…
I think you may be talking about a company called Small…owner lived in Charlton…were they a beige colour ■■
There is also another company operating out of the small industrial estate near T&L who run to europe…but dont know their name…

truckyboy:
I think you may be talking about a company called Small…owner lived in Charlton…were they a beige colour ■■
There is also another company operating out of the small industrial estate near T&L who run to europe…but dont know their name…

come on bob where,s my seller phone numbers was this company called s j selfe he lived in charlton egg :question:

Heres the Pink Panther Scania, now looking a bit sorry for its self. Its now owned by John Roberts from Wrexham, he also ran a green 141 pulling for Williams Bros Wales (now TDG) he took the green one off the road for a while and fully restored it to mint condition and called it the Green Sweed. As far as i know hes got it parked up in a barn at a farm in Wrexham.
When i can catch him at home ill try and get some pics taken and post them, he`s now working for an Irish firm so being home is not something he does to often.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

truckyboy:

this could be s j selfe egg on legs

the firm on the bend with the mint scanias is fl transport and selfy used to be in the thameside estate over the road
ps frieghtline had the best t cab before most people had thm

mrken:
the firm on the bend with the mint scanias is fl transport and selfy used to be in the thameside estate over the road
ps frieghtline had the best t cab before most people had thm

Only just noticed this post again and as Truckyboy went off in a huff a few months ago and took his ball hgome I didnt get an answer.

The trucks are deep maroon near Tate and Lyle

the maroon trucks near tate @lyle are frieghtlines all scanianias used to have 8 wheel scania tippers but these days topliners

Ive also posted this in the other thread about the pink scania. Passed Johns house today no sign of the pink panther scania, but his other one has been moved out of the shed, ill get around there at the weekend and try and find out a bit more about what hes upto with the motors

mrken:
the maroon trucks near tate @lyle are frieghtlines all scanianias used to have 8 wheel scania tippers but these days topliners

Ken what about T C Reader they’ve got some nice scanias in that colour scheme and I always thought they done a lot of T&L’s work or am I thinking Isle Of Dogs

Rob Campbell:

mrken:

Ken what about T C Reader they’ve got some nice scanias in that colour scheme and I always thought they done a lot of T&L’s work or am I thinking Isle Of Dogs

Tommy Reader packed it in a few months ago,someone local bought the trailers,there pulled by plain white cf daf,s.I think the scania,s went for export but thats only what i was told by one of there drivers.The firm who bought the trailers still pull for tates.T C Readers were based on the isle of dogs in Bill Puxleys old yard.

The pink panther was bought by Scania restorer Ashley Pierce from Thaxted Essex. Last year some time while mine was being restored. Got some pics but can t put them on here so, follow the link

flickr.com/photos/13716483@N … 197722593/

[/img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2849268218_682cdb11a5.jpg?v=0

Yes Martins right Bob Tommy sold all the units for export some of the drivers are on Wartons they have put flats on his yard already that yard used to be puxleys at one time and unitrail after that

mrken:
Yes Martins right Bob Tommy sold all the units for export some of the drivers are on Wartons they have put flats on his yard already that yard used to be puxleys at one time and unitrail after that

Hi mr ken i saw one of tommys drivers yesterday,big dave and he,s working for coltons out of barking,they run white fh volvo,s with dark blue stripes.They do alot of work for bestways cash an carry an tesco,s.