The panic buying starts....again

Just saw an article from a popular arse wiping rag with pictures of people carting out trolleys full of toilet roll, hand sanitizer and for some reason around 20 jugs of milk.

Words honestly fail me. It seems people will never learn. I really hope it’s a select few of a minority and not the ■■■■ show we had in March. Or better yet old photos and a slow news day. But I doubt it.

At least with the rain the grass will be moist enough to scrape out bare arses along to give it a good clean

If supermarkets were more responsible they would have cracked down on that as soon as the talk of lockdown 2 started.

Zac_A:
If supermarkets were more responsible they would have cracked down on that as soon as the talk of lockdown 2 started.

Why? Because we have a high population of idiots who seem unable to moderate their own behaviour or think of others?

Some, note some, did start limiting certain things again.

It’s not going to be only buying. If peoples behavior in France is an indicator, this time it will be EVERYTHING, hair dressers/pubs/malls etc. full to the brim in the final days/hours before lockdown. 2 weeks later: RECORD COVID CASES OMG it’s nor working?? yeah who would’ve guessed

I’m Guilty as charged. :blush:
When they announced on the Wednesday before it happened that South Yorkshire was gong into tier 3 last Saturday, I headed to the supermarket and bought 2 cases of beer and a couple of tubes of pringles and a bag of salted peanuts

ETS:
It’s not going to be only buying. If peoples behavior in France is an indicator, this time it will be EVERYTHING, hair dressers/pubs/malls etc. full to the brim in the final days/hours before lockdown. 2 weeks later: RECORD COVID CASES OMG it’s nor working?? yeah who would’ve guessed

Instead of Boris saying pubs close Friday night or when ever.
When he makes an announcement.
He should just say they shut with immediate effect

And would stop the masses gathering making the most of it while the can.

You’d of thought by now he would.of learnt this.

peirre:
When they announced on the Wednesday before it happened that South Yorkshire was gong into tier 3 last Saturday, I headed to the supermarket and bought 2 cases of beer and a couple of tubes of pringles and a bag of salted peanuts

Good man!
Not stocking up then, just a normal Saturday afternoon. What`s for supper?

peirre:

No pork scratchings !!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

edd1974:

Well nope, he just announced it for Thursday. 5 days early :open_mouth: At least they waited out half of the weekend so tomorrow it’s going to be hell on Earth 2.0. I guess it’s not too late to head for the pub yet? Oh wait, I’m at work tonight :unamused:

The tier system for us old folk.

not forgetting this, unitetheunion.org/news-events/n … r-dispute/

edd1974:

ETS:

Or just stop pandering to the fannies and leave everything open. The brainwashed can bleat on and on about protecting the NHS and the vulnerable, keeping the R number down and all the other scaremongering nonsense they keep spouting. Do the believers of this ■■■■■■■■ really believe that world leaders actually care if elderly and vulnerable get wiped out? To the governments these people just drain resources. There is absolutely no way they would wreck our economies for decades just for this. They are happy to send soldiers to war to die, happy to leave ex servicemen with serious mental health issues to fend for themselves. There’s 450 people a day die of cancer in the uk, yet Cancer Research isn’t government funded. The governments do not care about us. They are supposedly moving heaven and earth to find a Covid vaccine, why not the same for a cancer cure? This whole Covid thing is ■■■■■■■■ and a cover for something else

Night-and-day:

edd1974:

ETS:

Or just stop pandering to the fannies and leave everything open. The brainwashed can bleat on and on about protecting the NHS and the vulnerable, keeping the R number down and all the other scaremongering nonsense they keep spouting. Do the believers of this ■■■■■■■■ really believe that world leaders actually care if elderly and vulnerable get wiped out? To the governments these people just drain resources. There is absolutely no way they would wreck our economies for decades just for this. They are happy to send soldiers to war to die, happy to leave ex servicemen with serious mental health issues to fend for themselves. There’s 450 people a day die of cancer in the uk, yet Cancer Research isn’t government funded. The governments do not care about us. They are supposedly moving heaven and earth to find a Covid vaccine, why not the same for a cancer cure? This whole Covid thing is ■■■■■■■■ and a cover for something else

Out of curiosity…what do you reckon this ‘something else’ is?

I don’t know, but for the life of me I do not believe that they would do all this just for Covid. Even with the worst case death rates they wouldn’t do it. Maybe a virus is coming that really is deadly and this is a dry run. Maybe it’s all about controlling the masses, I honestly don’t know but it’s not just for Covid as it stands

I’ve totally depleted my stock of Stella,and am having to dip into tomorrows banarde malbec

Night-and-day:
I don’t know, but for the life of me I do not believe that they would do all this just for Covid. Even with the worst case death rates they wouldn’t do it. Maybe a virus is coming that really is deadly and this is a dry run. Maybe it’s all about controlling the masses, I honestly don’t know but it’s not just for Covid as it stands

I believe it’s a genuine virus, now whether it’s as severe as they say, (even with their graphs and statistics that supposedlly back it up),.I do not know, the only ‘evidence’ is what they tell you.
I just think the action they take is a bit severe, considering the effect on the economy ,and like you I am a bit cynical, but can not for the life of me suss out their motives for these actions, nor the nature of the true agenda, if one does exist.

robroy:

Night-and-day:

edd1974:

ETS:

Out of curiosity…what do you reckon this ‘something else’ is?

for my tuppence worth… follow the money. I find it highly convenient that companies with ties to the government either directly or funding campaigns have announced record profits twice now throughout this pandemic. and incidentally they were all the same companies bleating about brexit. They were all caught with their knickers down using cheap labour. The British people finally said enough is enough and they spent the last 4 years crying about how they are going to go out of business because they can only get migrant workers. Now because of all this pandemic starting tomorrow there may well be alot of people out of jobs with mortgages to pay and families to support hence creating the same economic glut of workers.

I’m expecting agency work to be cancelled in the next day or so, there’ll be hastily arranged conference calls between senior management, then between lower management and the agency before I get a call saying that my shifts are cancelled

Franglais:
Good man!
Not stocking up then, just a normal Saturday afternoon. What`s for supper?

Ironically as I don’t drink a huge amount of booze, that lot will last me months

jowett1969:
No pork scratchings !!

I’m watching my figure… Although it’s slowly expanding :laughing:

It is preferable for the “extremely anxious” people do their panic buying now. And for the “moderately anxious” people to do their panic buying next week and the “be on the safe side” people to do their panic buying the week after leaving the “might be something to it” people to do therir panic buying in week three. Then when the SHTF there wont br a rush.