The P&O Spirit of Britain

On my site is a short 5 minute ramshackle video of my exciting (well for me!) trip on the Spirit of Britian, P&O’s brand new ship. http://www.lorry-driver.com

Nice one. I heard from the announcement as you were getting on that it has a Costa Coffee so, to coin a phrase, good times. :wink:

Whats all the antennas stuck to the windshield for?

Phone, tracker and…something else. The company I work for do like their technology.

Been on it 3 times in last 2 weeks…big improvement all round…still a few teething problems though…half the showers don’t work…ashtrays in smoking areas overflowing…and queue for food seems to move very slowly…i am sure they will iron these minor problems out eventually though…fairplay to P&O to spend the money on improving not just the tourist facilities but truck drivers facilities too…roll on september when the next one starts on Dover/Calais :slight_smile:

switchlogic:
On my site is a short 5 minute ramshackle video of my exciting (well for me!) trip on the Spirit of Britian, P&O’s brand new ship. http://www.lorry-driver.com

I thought I was the only one that got excited about stuff like that lol.

Seen the spirit a few times in Dover now but don’t often use P&O. When I do, its always the Pride of Calais I end up on which I rate well over the others. (Neil that has a Costa too!). I saw the two moored side by side the other week and the difference is massive.

I heard that the size of the Spirit mean that in some tides it makes faster crossings.

Well for now I will be tooing and froing on the (now) DFDS Dover Dunkerque fleet which arn’t bad but never bothered about timetables it would seem unless its summer and packed.

nice little clippette :smiley: the ferry looks very nice (not that i’m an expert!). will you be investing in a steadycam for the pedestrian shots in the next one? :wink: :laughing:

Good vid but would have been nice to get a shot of the outside of it before you got on.

I thought I had got am outside shot but I’d not pressed the button properly.

I think the time is nearing when I shall have to buy a dedicated video camera. That was filmed edited and uploaded from my iPhone.

switchlogic:
That was filmed edited and uploaded from my iPhone.

i know this last video was very much ‘ad-hoc’, but to get the sort of quality videos that you make from a mobile phone is simply astonishing. i thought you were using a video camera! :open_mouth:

A great video, and as someone else said, good quality, considering it’s not from a dedicated video camera.