The Opel Manta is returning

One car I always wanted back in the day but it never came about, Probably because of Ford Granada’s at that time. :smiley:
It will be good to see that marque back on the streets again, Stellantis will of course be electrifying it. electrive.com/2022/03/03/op … gnia-next/

I had an Opel Manta Berlinetta silver anniversary model. I parked it in a lamp post when my ambition outweighed my talent! It’d be worth a fortune now I imagine.

lancpudn:
One car I always wanted back in the day but it never came about, Probably because of Ford Granada’s at that time. :smiley:
It will be good to see that marque back on the streets again, Stellantis will of course be electrifying it. electrive.com/2022/03/03/op … gnia-next/

The late great Henri Toivenen, Russell Brookes and Jimmy McCrae in the Group B Opel Manta 400 were like a banshee in the Yorkshire Forests. :laughing:

opel andrews.jpg

Russell Brookes was doing a corporate driving day for a friend of mine, these overpaid merchant bankers could choose from driving Aston Martin, Jaguar, Ferrari or you could have passenger rides with guest drivers.

Russell took me round Brands Hatch in a tarmac set up Citroen. I have never enjoyed my self so much, once we had stopped. :stuck_out_tongue:

I lost count of how many laps but like a roller coaster you are pleased to get off. He told my friend I was very quiet but wasn’t sick!

Opel’s should have more than 4 cylinders.
youtu.be/G_Yl9-ZlB9s

A house I delivered to yesterday had 2 Opel Monzas (I know different, but similar) dying a death on their driveway, almost disappearing under a layer of moss and lichen. I don’t understand the mentality of keeping them but not looking after them.

My first car, A series 1.9 sr .swopped my xs 750 for it the day my eldest was born .great car