The only good Kraut

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … anc-e.html

Isn’t it sad the he’s lived with this feeling all these years.

He’s absolutely right.
Just look at his trousers. :open_mouth:

TROOSERS.jpg

I don’t think that he’s said anything a lot different to what most of his generation,at least the ones that I’ve known, thought/think about the zb’s. :smiling_imp:

Check out the story here by James Porter about what happened in New Malden which is the same one as told to me from an early age. :imp: :frowning:

thisiskent.co.uk/Battle-Brit … story.html

Shame on the Mail for exposing Sir Patrick’s feelings in his old age, presuming it’s true. I feel sorry for him to have been so affected that he’s prejudiced and tars everyone with the same brush, though I presume again that he’s concerned with the Germans as a people and not individuals, who constitute the same mixed bunch as any other nation or race. I’m sure there must be some decent jews and arabs out there. (That was a joke).

Snudger:
I presume again that he’s concerned with the Germans as a people and not individuals, who constitute the same mixed bunch as any other nation or race. I’m sure there must be some decent jews and arabs out there. (That was a joke).

I don’t think that you would have said that about the Germans in general as you were told to get out of the train and walk towards the zb gas chambers. :unamused:

I’m sure there must be some decent jews and arabs out there. (That was a joke).

Of course we know it’s a joke. Everybody knows there isn’t! :laughing: :laughing:

If you have suffered at the hands of a race or country, it’s not hard to understand that you will forever hate them. On the other hand, they probably saved some poor sod from having this, somewhat eccentric , old duffer from being his/her dad and granddad so it wasn’t all bad…

Carryfast:

Snudger:
I presume again that he’s concerned with the Germans as a people and not individuals, who constitute the same mixed bunch as any other nation or race. I’m sure there must be some decent jews and arabs out there. (That was a joke).

I don’t think that you would have said that about the Germans in general as you were told to get out of the train and walk towards the zb gas chambers. :unamused:

Don’t start! I should hope that wouldn’t have happened to me, being blue-eyed, blonde (once upon a time), a pretty fine physical and mental specimen and perhaps most importantly not Jewish myself. In fact, had my dad been born a few hundred miles further East, I always thought he might have gone far in the SS; except he fought against the Germans and somewhat disapproved of their shenanigans at that time, to say the least.

But no, I don’t think I would have appreciated being gassed and if anyone has it in for you you’re unlikely to sympathise with them. God knows we have enough British criminals and if an individual did me wrong I would still try to get them back, he said incoherently getting off topic.

Having now read the final section in Sir Patrick’s article, seems he echoes what I originally stated (or vice versa) re individuals. With his experiences, one can perhaps understand his views.

DoYouMeanMe?:

I’m sure there must be some decent jews and arabs out there. (That was a joke).

Of course we know it’s a joke. Everybody knows there isn’t! :laughing: :laughing:

If you have suffered at the hands of a race or country, it’s not hard to understand that you will forever hate them. On the other hand, they probably saved some poor sod from having this, somewhat eccentric , old duffer from being his/her dad and granddad so it wasn’t all bad…

If that applied the same for all of those who survived the war and who held the same views as his then I certainly wouldn’t have been here and there’s plenty of others who I’ve known who wouldn’t have been either.

The fact is the German nation had and probably always will have the idea that they are and deserve to be ‘uber alles’.Whereas for the Jews it’s all always just been about a battle for survival.However it’s lucky that the idea that there was a mixture of good and bad Germans,wasn’t given the chance to be proved wrong.As it would have been if the Germans had won WW2 and the free lunch which they were provided with afterwards was all about everyone being worried about the zb’s kicking off again at some point in the future.As for the Arabs/Muslims they aren’t much different to the Germans as the world would have seen if the Israelis had lost in 1967 let alone if/when they ever get the chance to form a majority here.

I like your facebook page “Geoffrey”. Not as good as some, but likeable!

bigvern1:
I like your facebook page “Geoffrey”. Not as good as some, but likeable!

:open_mouth:

Blimey if that means me I didn’t even know I had a ‘facebook page’ but if there is one it must be someone else. :confused: :laughing:

Geoffrey Carryfast. Facebook. Just sayin’. :wink:

The Germans tried to conquer us. The French betrayed us. The Belgians did very little and the Italians made us our ice cream.

Laughed at the the bit about the Italians…

bigvern1:

Yes, although given that “Geoffrey Carryfast” appears to have exactly the same posting style and wonky syntax as “Robert Knapp” and someone else whose name escapes me, it might just be somebody else entirely.

Bizarrely, “Robert Knapp” has even posted on his wall. Small world, eh? :wink:

Harry Monk:

bigvern1:

Yes, given that “Carryfast” appears to have exactly the same posting style and wonky syntax as “Robert Knapp” and someone else whose name escapes me, it might just be somebody else entirely.

Who the zb is Robert Knapp and what’s the ‘wonky syntax’ thing all about :question:. :confused: :confused: :confused:

man-tga:
The Germans tried to conquer us. The French betrayed us. The Belgians did very little and the Italians made us our ice cream.

Laughed at the the bit about the Italians…

We beat the Germans at their national game twice in 1918 and 1945 and ours once in 1966.The French helped the Yanks to beat us in 1783,not surprisingly because we were governed by a mad German,and the Belgians just ignored everything going on around them,while the Italians weren’t really interested although they probably would have helped whichever side was winning if they were needed.

Carryfast:

Harry Monk:

bigvern1:

Yes, given that “Carryfast” appears to have exactly the same posting style and wonky syntax as “Robert Knapp” and someone else whose name escapes me, it might just be somebody else entirely.

Who the zb is Robert Knapp and what’s the ‘wonky syntax’ thing all about :question:. :confused: :confused: :confused:

BigVern has set up a Facebook page pretending to be you. He also has one where he pretends to be RobK.

Why? Who knows?

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

Harry Monk:

bigvern1:

BigVern has set up a Facebook page pretending to be you. He also has one where he pretends to be RobK.

Why? Who knows?

:open_mouth:

Blimey is that all.I thought that every post on here,except mine,was actually posted by BigVern under different names. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh Vincent…Have a day off. You’ll give yourself a migraine. Someone might give a ■■■■ to what you say one day.
I told you once that nothing you said was new news. Now you are totally wrong! Give your long,long ,long chin a rub and think up your next bout of ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:

44 Tonne Ton:
Patrick Moore says he still hates Germans 70 years after ■■■■ bomb killed his fiancée | Daily Mail Online

Isn’t it sad the he’s lived with this feeling all these years.

I enjoyed this story. :laughing:

Thank you for introducing me to the Daily Mails app for android, it’s superb. Never again will i buy a newspaper. :smiley:

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

Harry Monk:

bigvern1:

Why? Who knows?

I don’t believe the knappster is Big Vern. :sunglasses: I do believe the Carryfast facebook page is the knappster. :confused: