I thought it was against the law to smoke in a company vehicle l that’s shared

It’s also against the law:
to exceed the speed limit
Exceed driving hours
Run bent
Use a mobile phone while driving
Etc etc etc,
But that never stops them doing it, does it? … :unamused:

Just stating a fact if he wants to go down that route ,but I suppose its easier to come on here and moan instead of doing summet about it for ■■■■■ sake how the ■■■■ some get out the yard on a morning

BIG AW:
I thought it was against the law to smoke in a company veh that’s shared

The clue is in the title…

The night driver does NOT smoke in the cab but…

yourhavingalarf:

BIG AW:
I thought it was against the law to smoke in a company veh that’s shared

The clue is in the title…

The night driver does NOT smoke in the cab but…

I can ■■■■■■■ read someone must be sparking up in the cab if his ikkle pandies are smelling smart arse

This is the reason I can’t abide jobs without an allocated single use truck. Even if the other driver doesn’t smoke in the cab, unless he’s using a Holly Golightly, he’s going to transfer all that stench onto the controls. Is there not a non smoking night man sharing with a smoking day man you can swap with?

Bamblemash:
The plastic steering wheel stinks of cigarettes and I hate it. I have tried wiping all the wheel, buttons and controls etc with dettol wipes but to no avail. Can anyone advise sensibly if there any products that is good for getting rid of this?

grow a pair of these and make sure your cabs not minging at the start of the shift…or…if he is of ethnic origin,possibly buy the other one and leave it hanging as a hint for him?..if all else fails,why dont you just take a dump on the seat before you leave the cab?..or…is the shunter a mankbag and moves the truck between shifts??..if your on a regular shift,then,id just be getting onto the boss,and make him come out for a sniff…if the other driver dont smoke,then someone does.

Air-freshener-1-300x300.jpg

ballsback.png

Vinegar workso wonders.

I am a smoker myself and no one could tell I even smoke in cab and that’s none smokers included.

I have small pot of vinegar in cab and eliminate odours

BIG AW:
I can [zb] read someone must be sparking up in the cab if his ikkle pandies are smelling smart arse

Nope, not so. A smoker will transfer that stale ■■■ smell to the wheel via his hands quite easily without smoking in the cab. If somebody has smoked in the cab I’ll smell it but that’s quite rare these days. Unless they use a pot of vinegar. A stinky steering wheel isn’t unfortunately. Smart arse. :stuck_out_tongue:

I suspect our night driver is eating fish and chips in my cab. how can I get rid of the smell of vinegar ? :wink:
Regards. John.

old 67:
I suspect our night driver is eating fish and chips in my cab. how can I get rid of the smell of vinegar ? :wink:
Regards. John.

Get him…

On another route that doesn’t go past Skeggy seafront.

Smokers don’t need to smoke in the cab to make it smell.
They stink from mile away for ppl who don’t smoke and stinking hands are enough to make the steering wheel smell.
Every single unit at my place stinks of ■■■■ and of course nobody smokes in cab…

I don’t smoke but have no issue with it, I have more of an issue with sweaty drivers who don’t give a hoot about hygiene, but then again you also have this IARC classifies diesel engine exhaust as “carcinogenic to humans,” based on sufficient evidence that it is linked to an increased risk of lung cancer. IARC also notes that there is “some evidence of a positive association” between diesel exhaust and bladder cancer.

As long as my drivers drive within the law and do their job to a satisfactory level, I couldn’t give a hoot if they smoke but that’s just my opinion.

Answer for the OP - if you can get your hands on some rubbing alcohol ( isopropyl alcohol )or a surgical wipe you can order both from Lloyds Pharmacy, dilute it 10% alcohol to 90% water, pour some on a rag and it removes all mucky residue on steering wheels, then rub down with a wet wipe for added scent.

Stroke of genius this vinegar pot idea, was going to get a Yankee candle but have reservations this may cause more issues than it solves.

Dipper_Dave:
Stroke of genius this vinegar pot idea, was going to get a Yankee candle but have reservations this may cause more issues than it solves.

Never thought I’d see you use the word vinegar, without following it with the word stroke. 2/10 :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

Dipper_Dave:

Never thought I’d see you use the word vinegar, without following it with the word stroke. 2/10 [emoji38]

:slight_smile:
I’m going for subliminal innuendo to avoid precum.

Dipper_Dave:
Stroke of genius this vinegar stroke idea, was going to get a Yankee candle but have reservations this may cause more issues than it solves.

FTFY :wink:

Night man might be saying he doesn’t smoke in the cab, but someone is.
Try cleaning the inside of the windows with a decent proper glass cleaner and see what filth comes off.

We had two night drivers smoking in the cab, one stopped doing so after words were had, the other got caught (someone complained, not me) and lost a job averaging well over £20 an hour :unamused:
Since its stopped, and he’s gone, i never have to clean the steering wheel to get rid of smoke smells nor do the curtains smell, and the lorry does get driven by smokers regularly, mind you most of the soft touch plastic has peeled off the centre boss where the sackee kept burning it.

Lidl’s wet wipes do the business cheaply.

psv8:
Vinegar workso wonders.

I am a smoker myself and no one could tell I even smoke in cab and that’s none smokers included.

I have small pot of vinegar in cab and eliminate odours

I can smell stale smoke in a cab at 20 paces mate, mainly because I ■■■■ hate the smell of it with a vengeance.

These guys make me laugh they are blissfully unaware that they literally stink :bulb: …no offence, I’m just stating plain facts and you can smell them and/or the ■■■■ they have smoked in ‘‘your’’ truck (there I go again) for ages after they have vacated it.
Then they come out with stuff like ‘‘well I sprayed around with (crap) air freshener’’ or ‘‘I left the window open’’ or in this case I spray vinegar. :unamused:
Btw who wants their cab stinking of vinegar ffs, that’s almost as bad as stale ■■■■. :unamused:

Tbf I don’t give a flying ■■■■ if they smoke themselves to cancer heaven, please, just don’t involve me. :neutral_face:

If i was taking on drivers it would be non smoking ones. ■■■ smoke is the ruination of interiors and once in there is near impossible to get out. Even wet vaccing the head lining and seats, washing the curtains and wiping down all the hard surfaces ect it will still smell to a non smoker… horrible habit…

When I changed my job, from a single allocated driver company, to a big, logistics, you drive whatever shed is next in line, job, I stop taking showers during my working week. I don’t have any problems with bad odours in trucks I now drive.

I know vaping (sounds like something that goes on in German boys’ schools) is meant to be healthier than smoking, but drivers who do it in vehicles look ridiculous. The window comes down and a puff of smoke/vape or whatever comes out that looks like the vehicle is on fire. Then you get the awfully ponsey aroma of strawberries or whatever.