The 'NEW' Renault

Featured in the latest French issue of ‘France Routes’ our French buddies rather good transport mag.The new Renault seemingly to replace not the Magnum which is now going to die but the Premium and with two cab heights the 4m top of the range does look OK.The scoop shot gives a reasonable idea of the finished product and Renault fans should be well pleased.Will be trying to get CM/T&D to feature soonest.Yup! looks good.

You mean this one .

youtube.ug/watch?v=rVzjYulCI … re=related

Have they fallen out with Volvo and developed that thing with Kamaz? :laughing:

Yup thats the one fine looking piece of kit.

I’m really hoping it looks something like the Radiance they developed as a concept truck a few years back. I would like to see Renault allowed to do a bit of there own thing even if they have to share chassis and drive trains with Volvo.

I think the two companies will become even closer,told the cabs are almost identical just badged and eventually you will be able to visit either for repairs no
doubt eventually becoming one,that’s business shame,the Magnum I own now will see me out so I will not be buying anything new again.

Why do manufacturers bother with the graffititype ‘disguise’ paintjob,or the duvet type things? It just makes it more obvious that it’s a new model.Just take it out in plain colours ,and I bet not many people will notice.Oh! hang on-… :unamused: :unamused:

Sir +:
Why do manufacturers bother with the graffititype ‘disguise’ paintjob,or the duvet type things? It just makes it more obvious that it’s a new model.Just take it out in plain colours ,and I bet not many people will notice.Oh! hang on-… :unamused: :unamused:

It builds up interest, hence this thread and the ones on the Volvo and Mercedes.

is it me or does that 8 legger have a slightly reworked turboliner cab on it?

Sir +:

Its not for show, its covers panel gaps etc on pre=production examples. Until they get it spot on they use them so press dont go thinking there is shoddy workmanship

To be fair it’s used for more than that tho, it also diffuses subtle panel lines and depth perception etc, I remember when testing at the Nordschleife we upset the Alfa 8c test team a little when we got an early scoop of shots of the car unmasked whilst at the tracks fuel pumps, My mate was going crazy with an SLR all over it and I guess they assumed we were industry journo’s by their reaction lol. Funny thing is we only used the shots internally for 3d model creation for Simulation Software based work :slight_smile:

Magnum is OK and i would buy.
Premium is much better as i expected but not enough Leg-Room for me seating all Day behind Wheel.