The NEW hollies transport cafe

the NEW ,what?,went in there this week after some 2.5 yrs from my last visit,still the same :
gravel yard
crap seats
same kitchen/ food
guard?
toilets

only thing NEW was the cost is now £10.00 to park ,and not the fiver it was before.
im sure you more regulars will point out something thats new.

There’s some new pot holes !

the new improved parking area is half the size of the old one but twice the cost! when will the operators of these place treat us the customers with a little respect?

Trev_H:
There’s some new pot holes !

see there you go i knew there was some thing i missed :laughing:

Mr B:
the new improved parking area is half the size of the old one but twice the cost!

What you expect: half of the lorries can fit, but they still want to get the same money every night. So that’s why they doubled the price :slight_smile:

it didnt go up gradually either, was there one week for a fiver, 2 weeks later for a tenner, dont go there anymore, would sooner use truckers rest half mile up the road.

dont use it anymore food was crap
looked like boiled bacon and tinned mushrooms for breakfast…totally put me off as has been posted sooner use the cafe up the road as do a lot of non hgv drivers thats got to be a good sign…

The ‘new’ owner has been posting on another forum that there has been some refurbishment work done to the cafe,toilets and showers…people have been asking for him to post some pictures of the NEW improvements but too no avail…looks like nothing has changed then…the last time i was in there the showers were filthy…and all i got was a slight drip out the end of the shower head…very refreshing…NOT…shame really because it has the potential to be a great place again…and with the truckers rest cafe just up the road…he has some serious competition to deal with.

I have been going in the hollies for almost 40 years. It was only recently I discovered where the toilets were. Thank zb It took me so long to find them. And people used to sleep in those rooms :open_mouth:

I was there about two weeks ago and the toilets and showers have all been refurbished. no change to the cafe though.

BIG MAC:
the NEW ,what?,went in there this week after some 2.5 yrs from my last visit,still the same :
gravel yard
crap seats
same kitchen/ food
guard?
toilets

only thing NEW was the cost is now £10.00 to park ,and not the fiver it was before.
im sure you more regulars will point out something thats new.

2 1/2 years? That’s nothing mate. I called in 3:00 am sometime last year for the first time in about 15 years and thought I had travelled back to my mid twenties. Not one single thing different. Same menu, same cracked tiles, same chip fat.

The “New Hollies” is a dump!! Go down the road to Truckers rest much better!!

and theres the sandleford cafe just a few miles away. the new old hollies really is a dump.

Remember being in there early one morning years ago, the floor was like a cow sheds and some guy was sweeping it. The sun was coming in the windows, and all you could see was dust floating around and going over everyone’s food, people were just getting up and walking out.