The new eco- link

i’ve heard great hype over this new 60 ton train they would like to bring in over here.

what is the country going to do with them on our roads doing multi drop work?

if these became the thing to solve traffic and emmissions what they going to do with the redundant drivers?

what redundant drivers.
were drivers laid of when the weight limit limit went up from 32 to 38 then up to 44 ton. doubt it.
the population is still growing and as a result will require more stuff. its as easy as that. isnt it.
theres wagon and drags out there bigger than artics.because its a volume/ lightweight thing. so why not volume and heavy weight.
also there less new drivers coming into the industry so maybe it makes sense.
especially on trunking.

Can’t really see it happenning, I mean you can imagine all the well informed newpaper headlines now can’t you ■■ The green lobbbies would have a field day telling people how the (actually more efficient) vehicles will murder all and sundry, cue picture of cottage, old lady & laaaaaarge truck. The rail lobby would object (as they did to 44t) on the basis that any improvement in the efficiency of road transport is detremental to the development of (subsidised) rail freight.

My understanding is that they would be restricted to certain major roads i.e. M’ways and main A roads. No access to towns so they would have to be split like they do in Oz. Licenses would also be restricted - no accidents for 5 years etc.

if things keep going the way there going there wont be any brits working for the money /hours on offer as our east european cousins still are coming and the balance is tipping in the employers favour again as for the b trains look at the state of the roads :exclamation: redundant drivers no jacked in try something else yes

It’ll never happen!

Scania 245s (problbay forgotten more than youl ever know)

IS THAT INCLUDING SPELLING :question: :laughing: