The New DAF

switchlogic:

lizard:
Well as they are now going to market them as 3 models XF, XG & XG+, and they are saying that the XF should take on the roll of the fleet truck, is this an indication that they are going to stop making the CF?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yes I wondered that too

On another thought, if the XF is the replacement for the CF and the XG is the replacement for the current XF, then maybe they are going concentrate the CF to stuff like tippers and 26 ton rigids?

lizard:

switchlogic:

lizard:
Well as they are now going to market them as 3 models XF, XG & XG+, and they are saying that the XF should take on the roll of the fleet truck, is this an indication that they are going to stop making the CF?

Yes I wondered that too

On another thought, if the XF is the replacement for the CF and the XG is the replacement for the current XF, then maybe they are going concentrate the CF to stuff like tippers and 26 ton rigids?

Wonder what weight difference between existing models and new ones?
If CF is being axed, as speculated here, will there be a day cab XG?

Franglais:

lizard:

switchlogic:

lizard:

Yes I wondered that too

Wonder what weight difference between existing models and new ones?
If CF is being axed, as speculated here, will there be a day cab XG?

This is a paragraph from some of the gumph i’ve seen today

There are three completely new cabs: XF, XG and XG +. The XF will likely take on the role of a fleet truck or where weight is a priority.

So maybe this is the indication of the CF being stopped.
I don’t think that the XF or XG will look good as a day cab.

If the CF is destined to retire their naming of the new trucks is strange, as in making the previous heavy top of the range XF suddenly the fleet truck. Seems a bit arse about face to me

switchlogic:
If the CF is destined to retire their naming of the new trucks is strange, as in making the previous heavy top of the range XF suddenly the fleet truck. Seems a bit arse about face to me

I was under the impression that they were bringing a complete new truck and model name out, just like Renault did with the T range.

lizard:

switchlogic:

I was under the impression that they were bringing a complete new truck and model name out, just like Renault did with the T range.

They have, the XG which will now be the top truck. Would make more sense I think to keep the XF name for that and………….oh ok, as I was writing that it became clear! I was going to suggest the XF stay at top and could name one below it XE, but Jaguar of course beat them to that name which may have answered my question

switchlogic:

lizard:

switchlogic:

They have, the XG which will now be the top truck. Would make more sense I think to keep the XF name for that and………….oh ok, as I was writing that it became clear! I was going to suggest the XF stay at top and could name one below it XE, but Jaguar of course beat them to that name which may have answered my question

Ah, that’ll stop confusion at the dealers then. Embarrassing to order a truck and have DPD deliver a car.
[emoji3]

A much needed and…

Improved dashboard but, as others have pointed out, will it still look like Mr Sulu’s control panel after the Klingons have spent the last ten minutes blasting the ship.

I don’t see an airbag.

Why is it only Volvo that fits airbags to heavy commercial vehicles?

yourhavingalarf:

Because they have enough windbags as it is

switchlogic:

CF had to go as it had such a negative know all feed back when googled :smiley:

dave docwra:

switchlogic:

There has been no offical word about the CF ,but i think DAF may be going the modular route like scania …So technically it is 1 design …but we will see…The CF has won loads of awards to be honest …Didn,t the XF CF share an award a couple of years ago …I am just dreading having to learn about the new one and figure out the new faults that are in the pipeline lol

yourhavingalarf:
A much needed and…

Improved dashboard but, as others have pointed out, will it still look like Mr Sulu’s control panel after the Klingons have spent the last ten minutes blasting the ship.

I don’t see an airbag.

DAF fits an airbag to the steering wheel ,but it is an option

Franglais:

switchlogic:

lizard:

switchlogic:

Ah, that’ll stop confusion at the dealers then. Embarrassing to order a truck and have DPD deliver a car.
[emoji3]

Jag have an XF which DAF beat them to ,so i cant see the issue with an XE lol…But all the range ends in F I was once told it was Xtra Forte Comfort Forte cant remember LF lol

lizard:

switchlogic:

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk[/quote

From what i had heard whilst doing courses a few years ago and im talking pre pandemic ,the instructors had talked just about a cab

norb:
DAF fits an airbag to the steering wheel ,but it is an option

Thanks for…

That info.

I’m confident that all TMs would specify the air bagged versions for their drivers. I mean, they wouldn’t want to save a few quid at the expense of the drivers safety right?

dave docwra:

switchlogic:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:

dave docwra:

switchlogic:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

We got there then :smiley:

So, are they going to add the side mirrors later or what…? I no like it, is ugly like an old M.A.N. and the interior…meh, I liked the older one as it was I don’t get why they have to make changes for the sake of making changes just so they can call it ‘new’. Like does it actually improve on anything?

ETS:
Like does it actually improve on anything?

Yes

switchlogic:

ETS:
Like does it actually improve on anything?

Yes

I don’t mean the marketing crap their salespeople peddle, like actual improvements. I.e. on the older ones if you wanted to change the heater temp you twisted a thing, now you push a thing and can see the temp on a display which is never correct btw - I’m sure this change did cost £££ and can be sold as ‘new and improved cab temperature controls’ or w/e but did it actually improve…