The Motorway Channel 5

Just watching this program tonight…

HGV bashing, its mainly about overweight trucks and they seem to be catching a fair few…

Wouldn’t be nice to hear something positive about truck drivers these days. It used to happen but when you look around these days it ain’t really surprising about all the bashing.
I fear it’s only going to get worse. Society is going down the pan.

Question how do they move the load which weighs 104 ton
because the vehicle it was on didn’t have enough axles.

The lorry was clamped because it was over loaded.
It was the trailer that was over loaded.

fingermissing:

You get a vehicle with enough axles. May also involve hiring cranes to move the load onto a suitable tractor/trailer. That’s a headache that the haulier who created the situation has to sort out.

The lorry was clamped because it was over loaded.
It was the trailer that was over loaded.

When the trailer is attached it’s classed as a single vehicle so the lorry was overloaded. If the trailer is overloaded then you’re pretty much guaranteed one or more of the unit axles will be overloaded too, especially the drive axle.

I refuse to watch it, as I am likely to throw a brick at my tv.

Funny though isn’t it, as it is national lorry week promoted by our good friends the RHA. What, you mean you didn’t know? Probably the same could be said for 99% of the population.

Conor:

fingermissing:

You get a vehicle with enough axles. May also involve hiring cranes to move the load onto a suitable tractor/trailer. That’s a headache that the haulier who created the situation has to sort out.

Very expensive then.

Obviously stop them when they were overweight, but stopping the one weighing 44030kg was being a bit pedantic.

Abnormal loads are apparently anything over
2.9m wide :ballot_box_with_check:
44t :ballot_box_with_check:
18.6m long :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Overloaded vehicles can affect the hydraulic brakes too!

Also the same copper making a fuss about the unsecured gear on the top deck of the swan neck. A Big lump of timber is hardly likely to go flying