The most difficult place to Load/Unload

I think I might have the winning entry…

anyone know where it is & what the load is, it was quite a regular load, went back to a place near bisley in uk

that looks tight, sorry haven`t got a clue were it is mate :smiley:

nice colour coded unit and trailer though :wink: :laughing:

doesnt look too difficult, but still not easy

theres a drop i have to do with a certain firm i do work for, a drop in abercrombie place in glasgow

nightmare of a drop as you have top go in 90 degrees to the loading bay then you have to turn onto the bay in a space barely big enough for the truck to fit in. theres no way you could get an artic in either. plsu theres usually cars parked around the bay or directly accross from the bay and nobody can even find them so its usually a handball job tbh.

Vladivostock

pah you got loads of room there :laughing:

this was one of the worst ones we used to do when i did bulk, you couldnt back straight in,and uneven ground, typical farm!!!

Daylight down the nearside, and that mirror’s still in normal place…

… jeez, how much room DO you need! :wink: :laughing:

don’t know where it is but I bet that have"had bigger trucks than that in here" :laughing:

UnionJack:

I think I might have the winning entry…

anyone know where it is & what the load is, it was quite a regular load, went back to a place near bisley in uk

as a wild stab in the dark i would say that looks a bit like gib and was it the back load of stores back to the RLC there?

Nah, BHS in Taunton wins! (or is it Debenhams… one or the other) Any local can get you pics.

Safeway DC in Melbourne, youve got probably 2 inches either side to play with, and when its sunny (very often here), youre backing into complete darkness, the sides of the dock are the height of the floor of the trailer, its a funny one, some days you’ll fire it in in one hit, and other days you could be 10 - 15 mins arsing around with it.

italy.
anglia canners in kings lynn used to be tighter than that, used to back the trailer in and unit stayed outside cos it was too wide to go in the hole.

biggusdickusgb:
it was too wide to go in the hole.

A problem I know oh too well!

allikat:
Nah, BHS in Taunton wins! (or is it Debenhams… one or the other) Any local can get you pics.

Debenhams , I think it’s a blind reverse off the street , down a curved alley !!

When on containers, I used to collect potatoes for export from the farms in north east Scotland. It wasn’t just the loading points that were difficult, but the roads leading up to the farms too. All of the above drivers well done in very tight situations :wink: .

When I first got my licence, signed on for an agency in Hoddesdon.Got put into JRL at Enfield which did M&S household and clothing deliveries. After 2 days on a puddle-jumper doing the then new store on Fenchurch St in London,the first artic run was to Bury St Edmonds.Was given a printed route sheet and told to follow it to the letter.
On the approach to the store,you come to a crossroads.The road straight across was pedestrianised and bollards across.The road on the right was a no-entry,so you should only turn left,which was also a one way street.The loading bays/storage area were then on the left and the store on the right with a bridge connecting them.
But it was impossible to do a blind-side because of the layout,so at the crossroads you had to make an illegal right turn then illegally reverse across the junction down the one way street and into the yard.Drop the trailer on the empty bay and pick up the return trailer from the second bay. But then,you couldn’t turn left to get out of the yard,so illegally turn right then right at the cross-roads.

On the same job,others I remember are:
Watford- a tight underground delivery area with vans abandoned everywhere :unamused:
Bedford- a good-side reverse from a narrow street with cars parked on either side into a narrow lane at the side of the shop.
Southend- an initial blind-side off a one way street then a good -side reverse onto a bay you couldn’t see as it was hidden behind a McD’s.

congrats biggusdickusgb, it is Italy, near Monopoli, loading Fresh Parsley for bisley, load went back to the farmers house, that was just as tight. its not the size of the entrance here its the angle driving in, once your in theres loadsa room.

I seem to remember a lift on one of the ferries & if you didnt get that spot on when they raised the lift you could knock bits off your truck

UnionJack:
congrats biggusdickusgb, it is Italy, near Monopoli, loading Fresh Parsley for bisley, load went back to the farmers house, that was just as tight. its not the size of the entrance here its the angle driving in, once your in theres loadsa room.

I seem to remember a lift on one of the ferries & if you didnt get that spot on when they raised the lift you could knock bits off your truck

It must be that part of the world, I loaded Brocolli near Policoro & that place was plain evil to back into, they had sheets of ply stacked up on the floor on the corner of one building that you had to reverse around so that as you went over it you got a big lean on so the top of the trailer didnt rip the roof off, that was with a 24plt fridge, I never had the pleasure with a 26plt trailer, thankfully.

That wall could make a real mess of things too, bet you were glad of the rhd that day!

None of them are as tight as the parking on a greek boat though :open_mouth: