The more I Read

The more posts I read the more I love this site and the help us newbies receive and the understanding from almost everyone here. You get the odd one who jumps in feet first and has a pop at us. Yeah I know we have just done our mods but I think we learn it for the day and then forget most of it plus when you actually get in a truck it’s a whole different ball game. We all have to start somewhere and still need that extra little guidance from the wiser ones. Thank you all for answering our silly daft almost pointless(to some) questions.

Nothing silly, daft or pointless about a question if YOU do not know the answer to it. Just because somebody may have learnt it before you doesn’t make them better if they know it and you don’t.

No such thing as a stupid question if you don’t know the answers. You’ll look more of an idiot doing something stupidly wrong than you will if u ask the question that would of avoided you doing it. Good luck have fun.

Well said noney. What ive learned last 2 weeks. You actually learn by actually doing it when your out and about driving. I love this site myself. And we all be pretty screwed with out it :smiley:

In response to the OP, I am very happy to offer advice and help whenever I can. And I’m sure that applies equally with the other trainer/contributors on the forum.

Whilst I enjoy being part of a substantial training organisation, it’s also great to be of help on here when folks ask.

Keep the questions coming!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah true point, no such thing as a daft question. I have seen many people start their post with “stupid question sorry”, but your right it’s not stupid. Since signing up to this site I have saved/screenshot so much advice that I refer to when I’m out on the open road. Thank you everyone your a good bunch :smiley:

If in doubt,always ask.A decent driver will not mind helping out while sat on a tacho break.
By asking,it could save a life if you were doing something that you thought was safe to do.
No such thing as a stupid question.

A good driver will know, your always learning , i’ve lost count of the amount of tips that I have been given to make life a little easier for me , things that you would never get taught on your test :sunglasses: as people have said before the only daft question is the one you dont ask coz that leads to maybe doing something wrong and putting yourself or others at risk :wink:

Two weeks ago I could not work out my hours.

Had to ask on the forum for advice to a simple question.

Ten years experience does not count for everything.

As I was once told you should learn something new everyday as you are never to old to learn

I still ask questions but now I can also give some back

As not long ago a very new driver was trying to get on a bay they are fairly close together but not that hard ok it was night no lines marked so watched him back he was pleased for the help asked if he wanted me to watch him back give him some advice that I have picked up over the years he said thanks with a big smile

So you see it all goes round maybe you newbies can help another driver in some way soon or just be there

I have had to ask a few. Drivers from larger well known companies in quarries for help, and I must say they have all been really nice and very helpful. Every day is a school day. I always try and answer questions on here when and where I can even tho I’m still learning myself