The Modulator.

The best CB antennae ever, I used them all my CB life in the UK, I could hear and communicate with drivers and other users from miles away. When I came here in 2000 I had one in my baggage with the whip curled up (took some doing). In moving house 14 years ago it was lost, I would love to replace it but can’t find them over here, I did meet a guy once who had one on his KW mirror arm but he told me he couldn’t remember where he got it. So annoying, because although we visit England every year or so I fear that if I bought one it would be confiscated at the airport.

You could mail it?

The type of antenna isn’t the issue (at least not on a truck where overall height is limited). Any old stick will work the same so long as it’s SWR’d in correctly and earthed as best you can. If you don’t bother to SWR it in properly then you’ll get better “throw” by sticking your head out of the window and shouting to the bloke in the other truck. Most truckers seem to think that you get buy them off the shelf, stick the coax in the back of the CB and you’re good to go, then wonder why no-one can hear them. SWR SWR SWR !! cbradiomagazine.com/April%202007/SWR.htm

You can get them at lymm. Get a mate to buy one and send it over for you. No reason that customs would give a ■■■ about it. And if they did the cost of them is so low any fees would be insignificant.

It’s not just about getting it to swr in you need a good ground plane ,drilling the centre of a steel cab is often the best fitting and getting a good earth in side .

I find it hard to believe that you can’t get a decent cb aerial in the whole of the USA.

Best Cb Ariel is the Wilson 1000, out performs K40, sirio, 8ft firestick and both centre and base loaded modulator, If you have the space fit a 9ft stainless whip, with 18ft of coax.

Here’s the but, the earthing and position of any antenna is crucial, as high as possible with a 360 view, fitted thro the roof,

On the mirror arms, run a separate earth to a good ground,

biggriffin:
Best Cb Ariel is the Wilson 1000, out performs K40, sirio, 8ft firestick and both centre and base loaded modulator, If you have the space fit a 9ft stainless whip, with 18ft of coax.

Here’s the but, the earthing and position of any antenna is crucial, as high as possible with a 360 view, fitted thro the roof,

Why 18ft of coax? Why not 17ft or 19ft?

You want to keep the coax as short as possible to reduce signal loss and interference.

biggriffin:

I’ve got a pair of Wilson 2000s, properly SWR’d in and they’re really good, I had firesticks originally, but they snapped during a freezing rain storm after they collected a load of ice and started whipping around.

About the only time I use the CB is to ask oncoming drivers if they’re scared of the dark when they’re blinding me with their high beams and spotlights, the rest of the time the squelch is turned right up.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

People still use cb radios over here?