The MIGHTY Volvo F7

Got some more F7s six wheelers in Tarmac colours - the khaki variety.
When I find 'em I’ll boot 'em up on here ! :wink:

i learn’t to drive in an F7… not on the road but in the yard where the old man worked. as soon as i could touch the pedals he gave me the keys and said have a go in that… no pottering around in abattered fiesta for me! Then used to shunt trailers with them in school hols.

Who was (is?) the firm from Snetterton that used to do weekly trips to Germany with F7’s,and before that,F86’s? Used to see them every Sunday night in Felixstowe shipping out.

Goodways had a few in Furness Withy colours,though luckily I never drove one,but the boys that had them reckoned they were a comfortable little motor,apart from getting neck ache due to having to peer out the windscreen.

KW:
Who was (is?) the firm from Snetterton that used to do weekly trips to Germany with F7’s,and before that,F86’s? Used to see them every Sunday night in Felixstowe shipping out.

Do you mean FOULGERS Keith? Still going strong. Big new place on the same site. Running Renaults and FH Globetrotters nowadys. Have to find some old pics.

lemonmouth:
Do you mean this one Truckerash :wink:

Yeah thats the one mucka… Fancy altering the name like that :open_mouth:
Why dont you post the other photo so everyone can see what it looked like before your “handy work” :wink:

i used to drive for wilsons transport out of wednesbury in the late 80’s.
he ran a fleet of f7’s and he swore by them.i dont know cause i had
his six wheeler f86.i will dig em out next week :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

truckerash:

KW:

Do you mean FOULGERS Keith? Still going strong. Big new place on the same site. Running Renaults and FH Globetrotters nowadys. Have to find some old pics.

That’s the one Ash,blimey,they’re still going eh!

truckerash:

KW:

Oooh, look what I found Keith :slight_smile:
Jog any memories?

QUESTION: Is this an F7 or not■■? :confused:

or do we have a “special sub thread”> F7 HYBRIDS ?
or am I just being petty? :confused:

Great looking truck though! Pics courtesy of Wilsons.

It’s a Terberg,and if I remember rightly it was built especially to carry those combine’s.
Terberg are dutch,who build special vehicles,particularly multi axled tippers based on a number of chassis.

I learnt to drive in my dads f86 in the local quarry. Then i passed my test in an f7

My 1st motor was an f7 for derek coopers running from his tuxford yard.
It never let me down and i found it comfy.
Any coopers pics ash please?

You’re right about the headroom in the F7 Spardo, I had one on Alpine (Lyons Maid/Findus) for a while and I had a stiff neck for most of the time I was driving it. The lack of visibility was exacerbated when it rained as the wiper blade sweep made the visible area even lower and what with the low window on the door, I ended up with a permanent stoop!
Here’s a pic of one getting a wash and brush up.

Wheel Nut:
I remember seeing a Swiss F7 with an F12 engine coming off the ferry and tried to get my boss to find one for me, how sad was that

it would actually have been an F12 with an F7 cab - more correctly known as a CH230, denoting it coming within the 230cm width limit for most swiss local roads - there, I’ve out-sadded you malc! :laughing:

from Truckerash Yeah thats the one mucka… Fancy altering the name like that
Why dont you post the other photo so everyone can see what it looked like before your “handy work”

Well I suppose you should see it as it was intended :unamused:

and this one after the paint job

Apparently I heard that this one was turned into a tipper and used on the building of the M25 Heathrow to Surrey section :open_mouth: What a waste of a good motor :frowning:

How about LONDON BRICK then, surely they had one of the biggest fleets of F7’s in the world :smiley:

jj72:

Wheel Nut:
I remember seeing a Swiss F7 with an F12 engine coming off the ferry and tried to get my boss to find one for me, how sad was that

it would actually have been an F12 with an F7 cab - more correctly known as a CH230, denoting it coming within the 230cm width limit for most swiss local roads - there, I’ve out-sadded you malc! :laughing:

There was an article in Truck mag at the time.

Rattlesnake Dave said about the stoop brought on by the low windscreen height which reminded me of the Bedford TK’s I used to drive in the 70’s. I felt like Quasimodo when I drove them for long periods instead of the usual Leyland Mastiff (no wonder Leylands ended up as they did, crap wagon which needed a new engine every 18months or so).

The CH230 For the Swiss market I think

After 15 years of driving a lot of British four wheelers my Dad had an F7 artic sleeper new in 1980 - for him it was a great machine! My abiding memory is many happy hours trucking around the UK and us both patting the engine hump and willing it on as it heroically struggled up yet another hill!

What about any pic’s of the old chinese six day cab’s F7’s that I think shell used to run?