The magic two years

hi to all, i am new on here and i find it great and full of valueable info, things you dont get taught at training schools, i passed my class c two wk ago and sit c+e next friday so heres hoping i get that also.
i read this on a post and it got me thinking , am i going to be able to get a job if this is the rule,

(in most cases people have no problem with new drivers it is just insurance companies that do and if you’ve had your licence for the magic two years they don’t normally care about the experience.
just a thought mate.)

just hope when and if i get c+e some kind soul will take a look at my sad face and give me a chance as how else you going to get the 2 year exp ,
cheers for all the great info its a pleasure reading all the topics

good luck with your c+e, if you pass get on the phone, start knocking doors,
pester transport managers till they are sick of you,register with an agency,have a brass neck with any possible jobs, in a nutshell try anything and everything you can think of. somebody somewhere will give you a job and that will be the
first rung on the ladder so to speak. once again good luck with c+e lets all know on here how you get on.

Where in ■■■■■■■ are you based?

I have been offered a start for a well known company who’s HO is in ■■■■■■■ once i get my C+E.

south ■■■■■■■■ when are you siting your c+e.

A couple of agencies in my area regularly advertise jobs where new licence holders are accepted.This is not the agencies decision of course but the transport company they are supplying to.

bestbooties:
A couple of agencies in my area regularly advertise jobs where new licence holders are accepted.This is not the agencies decision of course but the transport company they are supplying to.

But that is the problem with agencies, they are like pimps. They will take names, details, inside leg measurement and give false hope to new drivers.

In the meantime there slick sales team will pester and pout at all the large employers with short skirts, free lunches and mousemats.

There is a girl in our village who works for a large national agency in Nottingham. She hasnt got a clue between a trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean or a tipping trailer.

I can only see further misery as more of these agencies spring up. remember freight forwarders? :stuck_out_tongue:

bintang:
(in most cases people have no problem with new drivers it is just insurance companies that do and if you’ve had your licence for the magic two years they don’t normally care about the experience.
just a thought mate.)

Although if you do an early morning ‘tour’ of the local companies, with your day bag packed, you can bet your life, that if one of their drivers has ‘gone sick’, or a run has gone ‘■■■■ up’, the lack of experience (and insurance concerns)suddenly don’t become a problem. :wink:

If you should get to the interview stage, and the question regarding insurance be raised, then be prepared to question management as to how much extra it would cost them, and be prepared to ‘sell yourself’ as added value in excess of that amount.
:wink:

B1 GGK:

I have been offered a start for a well known company who’s HO is in ■■■■■■■ once i get my C+E.

Steady Eddie Stobart…

Yep they would offer you a great start and a ■■■■ wage to go with it.

Sockpuppet:

B1 GGK:

Steady Eddie Stobart…

Yep they would offer you a great start and a [zb] wage to go with it.

I would take the 2 year pov wage and gain the experiance though as I dont for 1 minute expect to get that perfect job with great wages straight away.