The london night time driving ban

Where I work, we sometimes have to go to a delivery at ub13ew, uxbridge, road southall
Ideally this should be delivered at 6am.

Is there a way in without getting a fine?

For me the easiest way in is m40 to the a4127, head south to the a4020 and turn left and delivery is on the left

Loooking at the night time map, this is a restricted zone,
Am I safe going in before 7am.

I can’t make head nor tail of all the bull crap we got to adhere to

Any help, much appreciated
Many thanks
tonyb

may be this will help
freightplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/f … lanner.php

That’s what I used
It just asked if I was lez compliant, which my truck is

A40, A312 (don’t take the short cut to A312 at the Polish War memorial) A4020 all the way in through Southall.

What happened to the permit we used to have on all lorry’s needing entrance to London ?

Pat Hasler:
What happened to the permit we used to have on all lorry’s needing entrance to London ?

LBTS scheme Pat, its still there, i’m presuming the OP has the necessary disc, but having the disc still means the holder has to comply with the spirit of the restrictions…basically to use unrestricted roads to get as close as you can to your destination, even if that means going right round London tto come in from the other side.

Juddian:

Pat Hasler:

LBTS scheme Pat, its still there, i’m presuming the OP has the necessary disc, but having the disc still means the holder has to comply with the spirit of the restrictions…basically to use unrestricted roads to get as close as you can to your destination, even if that means going right round London tto come in from the other side.

They don’t issue discs anymore, you have to register lorry number plates with the scheme.

Snowgo:

Juddian:

Pat Hasler:

They don’t issue discs anymore, you have to register lorry number plates with the scheme.

No, you’re quite right, just thinking now my new lorry doesn’t have or need a disc.

Used to be able to get (and we were issued with) foldable maps of the LBTS area, open up to just over steering wheel size but haven’t seen one for years, the online map is bloody useless.

You can now apply for routes online. Only takes a couple minutes to generate an approved route.
londonlorrycontrol.com/Routes

tonyb70:
That’s what I used
It just asked if I was lez compliant,

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Snowgo:
You can now apply for routes online. Only takes a couple minutes to generate an approved route.
londonlorrycontrol.com/Routes

Sadly, at a cost :unamused:

Just put some mud on the number plates :smiley: