The legend of Continental fleet haulage Eric Vick

When Con Downton was running it the colours were a sandy magnolia hue, similar to Harold Williams. They then went white with the brown stripe before the colour scheme was reversed about 10 years ago to become the current layout.

zzarbean:
When Con Downton was running it the colours were a sandy magnolia hue, similar to Harold Williams. They then went white with the brown stripe before the colour scheme was reversed about 10 years ago to become the current layout.

Hi

The switch round on colours on the cab was less than 10 years ago - it was a suggestion by the fleet engineer to buy w hire cabs and put a strip on that could be peeled off when the vehicles went back off lease saving Downton thousands on painting new vehicles

Think there livery is well dated - time for modernisation but I guess they won’t!!!

Ken b

Hi

The switch round on colours on the cab was less than 10 years ago - it was a suggestion by the fleet engineer to buy w hire cabs and put a strip on that could be peeled off when the vehicles went back off lease saving Downton thousands on painting new vehicles

Think there livery is well dated - time for modernisation but I guess they won’t!!!

Ken b
[/quote]
I did say ABOUT 10 years ago :wink: the years all seem the same these days, I’d guess they’d started changing 2008 ish. The livery may be dated but you know it’s a Downtons when you see one.

zzarbean:
Hi

Ken b

I did say ABOUT 10 years ago :wink: the years all seem the same these days, I’d guess they’d started changing 2008 ish. The livery may be dated but you know it’s a Downtons when you see one.
[/quote]
True

Gaydon.