the law

read a few posts on guy having depression he was going to jack driving in just like
to know what the score is re driving hgvs

Yes, you have usually got to be suffering from depression to drive them for a living.

Own Account Driver:
Yes, you have usually got to be suffering from depression to drive them for a living.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DVLA divide anxiety and depression into two types; a minor category and a more serious category. The minor category is described as “Very minor short-lived illnesses of anxiety or depression without significant memory or concentration problems, agitation, behavioural disturbance, or suicidal thoughts.”
The more serious category is defined as “More severe anxiety states or depressive illnesses with significant memory or concentration problems, agitation, behavioural disturbance, or suicidal thoughts.”
For the minor category, the person does not need to tell DVLA and it does not affect the person’s entitlement to hold a licence provided that any medication is not causing any problems with driving.
For the more serious category, DVLA will generally suspend a person’s group 2 licence (or not give a licence to a new applicant) until the person has been well and stable for six months and until they are satisfied that medication is not causing any side-effects which would interfere with alertness or concentration.
The above is a general summary rather than an exact and full quotation of the DVLA guidelines.

http://www.driversmedicals.com/_faqs.html#anx

Ive suffer with minor depression on and off its never effected my driving and as said before only major depression needs assesment from dvla… personally i think there most worried about the suicidal aspect as killing yourself and or others is very easy in a lorry

Whats the difference with being really fed up or depressed ,how do you know that you are dipressed :question: :question:

seth 70:
Whats the difference with being really fed up or depressed ,how do you know that you are dipressed :question: :question:

I didn’t until my Mrs literally dragged me the doctors who sent me to a psychologist who then sent me to a psychiatrist.
I was suffering PTSD that progressed to depression and I had no idea but those around me saw it a mile off, then it hits you like a train.

This was a good few years ago and now I feel on top of the world but I still have low moments that I control with various techniques, people who don’t know me or just acquaintances would not believe I have been diagnosed with depression such is my outlook and control of my mentality now.
I was given an unbelievable amount of medication and I was positive that was making things worse so just decided to stop, the doctors gave me a two year withdrawal plan, I stopped within two weeks and felt the benefits within a month.
I do believe a good psychologist and in my case cognitive therapy techniques kept me going and my life together.

As for driving I like the time on my own (always have done) but when with company I enjoy it all the more.

(edit) And my wife and kids where my rock.

We all start in this industry in a very happy mood, and end it in a very depressive one… :laughing:

truckyboy:
We all start in this industry in a very happy mood, and end it in a very depressive one… :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whats the difference with being really fed up or depressed ,how do you know that you are dipressed

try to imagine that you have just been told you have a terminal illness
if you think “oh ****, that’s really bad” you’re fed up
if you think “oh well, doesn’t matter much” your depressed.

del949:

Whats the difference with being really fed up or depressed ,how do you know that you are dipressed

if you think “oh well, doesn’t matter much” your depressed.

You got that a bit understated Del :wink:

if you think “Brilliant” your depressed

:wink: :wink:

:smiley: