The latest f/wits to contend with on the roads

Just been on my local news that as well as the normal d/heads on our roads to contend with, along with the ■■■■ heads and coke heads, the latest problem which is becoming widespread are those driving under the influence of Nitrous Oxide…or laughing gas, after meetings and inhalation in car parks usually.
It’s now the second most used drug by young people in the country.

So not only do they rack up the chances of wiping out your family, they will have a bloody good laugh about it when it’s done…if that wasn’t so tragic it would be funny.

Apparentlly it can cause headaches dizziness and blackouts whilst driving,so look out for some pricks coming at you either blacked out, laughing hysterically or both. :unamused:
Be warned.

10 year ban if caught, life ban if involved in an RTA would do for me.

My memory of being young was one big ■■■■ up , including driving ■■■■■■ up , putting cars in fields , loosing them , waking up at wheel thinking how did I get here (?amazing how much more you could get away with then
I was once lecturing my ■■■■■■■ how to behave , my aunty got a folder full of the stuff I’d got upto out & showed it to my girl( paper articles) , mrs , she was a teacher , loved me as everyone else , sister , brother , her kids were never in trouble , model kids , I always was , always went to stay with her when dad kicked me out
There just doing what kids do , in my day it was drink , now from my understanding it’s drugs etc

When I’m out walking my dogs of a morning on the local common ground, I’m finding more and more empty cans of Nitrous Oxide, not the little silver capsule type but big aerosols like you’d find in an automotive body repair shop, apparently they’re used in catering for whipping cream for cakes
It works by displacing the oxygen in your lungs being heavier than air, causing hypoxia
Prolonged and heavy use risks blood clotting and heart attacks

bigdave789:

Silver linings…

yourhavingalarf:

bigdave789:

Silver linings…

Exactly.

Headline from the Oxford Fail the other day, Crash on the M40 23/1 “Drink driver crashes into drug driver on M40 in Oxfordshire” we really are surrounded by bell ends :unamused:

That sounds like Natural Selection at work :laughing:

dozy:
My memory of being young was one big ■■■■ up , including driving ■■■■■■ up , putting cars in fields , loosing them , waking up at wheel thinking how did I get here (?amazing how much more you could get away with then

There just doing what kids do , in my day it was drink , now from my understanding it’s drugs etc

Aye you’re right, I’ve done dodgy stuff myself in a car as a lad with too much beer and too little skill. :smiley:

However,. I’m no expert by any means, but I’d reckon driving under the influence of that sh will take things to another level in terms of what your brain will tell you it’s ok to do,.and especially in a modern high powered,.chipped up boy racer machine hatchback with all the potential grief and damage that combo would bring…a ■■■■■■ bit more than driving a Mini 850 flat out at 65 mph, with 8 pints of Harp Lager on board in 1976 doze mate.
And unlike alcohol, weed,.and coke,.this stuff is undetectable at a roadside check.

It’s easy to be dismissive I get it,.and tbh I’m with you to a point…but we’ve both got kids and little grandkids who travel in cars, that these arse holes are a potential danger to big style . :bulb: …that’s all I’m saying.

You’re right, it isn’t detectable, but it is also a short-lived high, so if someone isn’t going to keep on inhaling it while they’re driving, they shouldn’t continue to be impaired, and should present less of a danger on the roads (I’m not excusing them BTW).

If they’re going to decant it into balloons and inhale it while continuing to drive, I’d expect plod to be able to find discarded ballons in the car which will probably have residual amounts of the gas in them, which could then be used to prosecute.

talking of ■■■■ heads…an old boy who drinks in my local is a persistent drink-driver…well on Sunday night he’d drank 6 pints of Doombar and a short,double gin we think…i followed him to his modern Land Rover and as he got in i said i’ll give you a chance to get out and lock your car up and walk home (half a mile),or i’ll ring the police…well the old duffer went mad,shouting and bellowing and coming over all aggressive silly old sod. anyway he came back in the boozer got another pint and stood there eye-balling me :unamused: till his son came and drove him home.

I’d have just phoned plod and avoided the aggression.
Maybe next time he makes an appearance in the pub take a look outside and see if his chariot is there and after he gets on his second third or fourth pint discreetly phone the cops and inform them that he’s anticipated to be leaving at whatever time and leave it to them

Might help

It was discussed on Nicky Campbell’s show on 5 Live this morning.
Worth a listen on I player if anybody’s mildly interested.

peirre:
I’d have just phoned plod and avoided the aggression.
Maybe next time he makes an appearance in the pub take a look outside and see if his chariot is there and after he gets on his second third or fourth pint discreetly phone the cops and inform them that he’s anticipated to be leaving at whatever time and leave it to them

yep i think you’re right…he deserves all he get’s.

Zac_A:
You’re right, it isn’t detectable, but it is also a short-lived high, so if someone isn’t going to keep on inhaling it while they’re driving, they shouldn’t continue to be impaired, and should present less of a danger on the roads (I’m not excusing them BTW).

If they’re going to decant it into balloons and inhale it while continuing to drive, I’d expect plod to be able to find discarded ballons in the car which will probably have residual amounts of the gas in them, which could then be used to prosecute.

dozy:
I was once lecturing my ■■■■■■■ how to behave , my aunty got a folder full of the stuff I’d got upto out & showed it to my girl( paper articles) , mrs , she was a teacher , loved me as everyone else , sister , brother , her kids were never in trouble , model kids , I always was , always went to stay with her when dad kicked me out

So its ok then?

shullbit:

dozy:

So its ok then?

Dont feed the troll…

the nodding donkey:

shullbit:

dozy:

So its ok then?

Dont feed the troll…

It’s just Dozy doing a Jackanory, which I’d suggest is to be taken with large amounts of salt, “driving into a field, waking up wondering how you got there”, yeah sure, of course that’s completely normal :unamused:

I notice that drivers/pilots taking delegates to the recent Davos meeting - preferred their “transportation staff laid on” to NOT be vaccinated…
Hmm…

Sounds a bit like the Obamas buying a multi-million dollar mansion complex on an island less than 10ft above sea level…

Shows you how much they believe their own BS they are force-feeding their adoring public - don’t it?

Of course these people that are ruining our lives - are the very LAST fkwits one will EVER see on the road, let alone “Meet”…

I’m used to seeing those little silver canisters laying around but I came across this baby today, must have been a foot long.