The Late Jim Taylor Collection

A number of years ago a gentleman by the name of Mark Schofield acquired the photograph collection of the late Jim Taylor, a transport photographer based in Huddersfield, whose collection contained around 30,000 images.
Many were taken around the West Yorkshire area including the M62 Harsthead Moor service area.
Mark has now started to download a number of the 30,000 images.
Below is just a small selection so why not take a look HERE[/b] and see if your old motor is in the collection, which is getting bigger by the day :smiley:

Great Stuff :smiley:

Excellent set of photos moomooland (Paul).

What a cracking collection of photo’s. :sunglasses:

brilliant photos love the tankfreight ERF EC10, could of done with a wash though!

The last truck I drove ten years ago this month is there, never seen a pic of it before, but alas I cant save the pic! :cry: Good collection though.

Pete.

Jim Taylor was a great bloke - I used to look forward to seeing his pictures when we used to meet up.

After he died, I managed to buy some of his slides - from what remained of the collection after the major part had been sold, mainly of wagons local to me. Jim took pictures of wagons from the fleet of the firm my Dad worked for, including my Dad’s, as they frequently roosted at Hartshead Moor. He also took pictures of a lot of motors which have later become cherished memories for a lot of people, such as those of motors from the Killingbeck fleet.

windrush:
The last truck I drove ten years ago this month is there, never seen a pic of it before, but alas I cant save the pic! :cry: Good collection though.

Pete.

You need Google chrome screen capture add on :wink:

That is a excellent site and photos Paul and I am looking forward to seeing if there is any Sykes Bulk Liquids or Shaws Fuels of Huddersfield among his collection and there is the possibility there could be one which I have driven :smiley:

cheers Johnnie :wink:

Brilliant workhorse pics. I remember the flowery R*** GDM Olympics, iirc they came in a different array of flowery colours, and were loaned out to firms as a trial, because they were supposed to have been better on fuel than the twin splits. We had one at Widdowson, can’t remember exact reg, but it was definately one of the R-GDMs.
Great site…

great site of marks i met jim in the mid 80s on hartshead when he took a pic of my motor an erf 240 gardner he had a vast collection in his boot and told me he used to travel to manchester when smiths of eccles got new motors he was a nice chap and sad to hear of his death cheers paul hope you have a happy new year and every one else on here

Excellent selection of proper working motors made my christmas looking at these old motors looking foward to more being added when you get chance well done mate and thankyou for sharing them with everybody cheers flourpower :smiley:

Mark has been busy downloading even more of Jim Taylors cracking images HERE :smiley:

Now reached 24 pages of thumbnails containing over 2000 images :smiley:

Page 10 Stobart ERF. L537 MHH was driven by a good mate of mine…

I brings back great memories…

The ERF EC10 reg P382EAJ on page 5 was a Sadler Tankers vehicle on contract to Phillips Petroleum based at the Cadishead terminal driven from new by Steve Smith and then finished its days at the Thornaby depot on Phillips Teeside.

Mark is still busy downloading Jim Taylors cracking images there is now almost 3500 to have a trawl through :smiley:

Click HERE :smiley:

That’s an incredible archive, thanks a lot for sharing!

Wonderful collection first time i have seen it will spend a few hours going through Thanks very much Regards. :smiley: Ray

Some good pic of D&A Transport from Longton. My dad worked there for yrs in the workshop and I used to park them up at weekend when I was only 11yrs old. No health and saftey then lol.

Also some of Ditchfeilds too, I work there myself in the workshop for 10yrs before John sold out. So all them trucks I have worked on at one time of another.

Brill Photos

Regards

Peter

hi mate I know its a lot too ask but could I possibly have a copy of the tankfreight Volvo fl10 in shell chemicals colours on page 22 as I think its my dad’s and he is no longer with us if you could that would be amazing :sunglasses: and if you have any others of shell chemicals/ tankfreight wagons it would be much appreciated