The Jeremy Vine Show

I’ve noticed that whenever the topic of trucks and their drivers is raised on the Jeremy Vine Show, it is obvious from the wording of the script that listeners are being invited to be hostile towards HGV drivers.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes.

JV really doesn’t seem to like us truckers.

Having said that, I have had the chance a couple of times to speak out on his show.

jeremy vine?
who is that and when is it on harry?

Ive not noticed it as such Harry (though i will be listening more from now on)

I think its just the general feeling of the mupets who think they always have to complain.
I dont think the publicity surrounding the tanker drivers has helped. everyone now thinks that all drivers are on 40 grand a year.

far cry from reality

Got to agree - we’ve never really been a popular group with the Beeb. We’re usually potrayed as bolshie aggressive & unskilled but overpaid.

Am considering a change of career but can’t decide between tanker driver and politician. :wink:

That skinny snot gobbler Vine is way out of his depth, he does not have a clue about anything, a boring patronising mongrel…The sooner Chris Evans takes over his show the better.
Or Jonny Walker…infact any old mongrel will be better.

Deepinvet:
That skinny snot gobbler Vine is way out of his depth, he does not have a clue about anything, a boring patronising mongrel…The sooner Chris Evans takes over his show the better.
Or Jonny Walker…infact any old mongrel will be better.

I dont think the BBC is ready for Chris on a political lunchtime slot, but they certainly need to get someone to replace Jeremy Whine.

I have heard Eamon Holmes on the lunchtime slot, maybe even Clive James could do it better.

I must be one of the few that likes him,however,I do think that he can be patronising sometimes,and can be out of his depth on certain subjects,but you sometimes can’t knock his choice of music.

Eamonn Holmes was very good when he stood in recently,but that’s an experienced interviewer/journalist for you.

Ken.

It seems to me that on the Jeremy Vine show, we fall into the same category as drink-drive killers, dole-bludgers, knife attackers and dangerous dogs.

How on earth did we let this situation come about?

Get young Dirty Harry on the case !!! To sort him out

one of the funniest things ever on the thursday show
they were on about the apprentice big brother winner lying and still winning
this UKIP mp having a stab at labour lying said “you can always tell if a politition is lying, his lips are moving” obviously meaning a labour mp.
when vine laughed and reminded him he was a politition, he said thats correct and repeated what he had said, vine and the other speaker couldn’t reply for laughing.
i was mixing cement at the time and almost fell in the mix laughing.

yes agree the scripting of the vine show in some topics is worded to cause a hard responce from listners, vine quite often gets out of his depth, not know enought about the subject to make the descution un-bias! he seems to have his own agender reguardless to what is right or wrong in the situation!!

Vine is nothing more than a cheap provocative wind-up merchant. Whenever I’ve been unfortunate to hear him he has appeared out of his depth and under researched on whatever subject he’s using to try and stir up a furore on that day.

Anything for a cheap reaction - it’s Trisha for radio!

Cant stand JV or sarah kennedy , both without doubt anti lorries ,

I think Jeremy Vine is great, after Wogan hes the best thing on the radio.

He does sometimes seem to talk rubbish. A while ago he did a piece on the Supermarine Spitfire and he said the later Mks of Spit had more engines than the earlier types, Cringeworthy.

I can listen to Radio 2 all day long, but when that Jeremy Vine comes on its time for 2 hours of something that doesnt wind me up. HIs arguments are pointless and often left open ended. Give Steve Wright a 5 hour slot and make the day a whole lot better i say

No i dont like listning to him either, but i just had to on Friday when the advert came on, when they were obviously talking about the fuel protests etc…

Like usuall i had to turn it off, thats 20 minutes of listning ill never get back :laughing:

I found the arguments and debate alot more better to listen to when Eamon was covering, alot better.

I find him very rude sometimes as well, especially when you listen to other stations debates, like 3 counties radio etc… which are more “talk” stations anyway.

Jez Whine is a predictable irritant ascribing to the’ dumbing’ of subjects by polarizing & amplifying an issue & ‘simply’ broadcasting the responses in an ‘I’m a great journo’ fashion.

Whine is neither a ‘DJ’ (on a supposed music channel?!) nor is he amusing or entertaining …but BBC Five Live use the same ‘polarise and broadcast’ philosophy all day whilst encouraging Mr Angry’s of the nation to entertain us with text/email ‘opinions’! …aaargh.

Simply take a regular radio break as the twerps at the ‘text us with your drivel’ BBC rattle the nation senseless.

Brothers and sisters, rise above it…

The great only appear great because we are on our knees.Rise up !! :laughing:

Steve Wright are you sure, the big show what aload of crap, all that love the show bull**** never tells you what record he’s just played sychophantic sidekicks aarrgh!!! Give that job to Mark Radcliff now, or Stuart McConie, they know music and dont treat listerners like morons. Dont even get me started about Evans. Thank god for cd player and Weller