The Insider / news forum

Are you happy with having to go to a separate site - The Insider - to read trucking and transport news or would you like the news forums to be re-instated at the top of the forum listing like they used to be before the Insider was created?

Maybe the poll should be

Should members who dont want to pay for anything personaly, have any choice in the way the site runs? when its obvious to anyone with a ounce of sense money has to be made from somewhere?

I’m not being antagonistic, honest but…maybe I’d best stop there before I say something that’d just need a couple of small letters to cover :wink:

Jules

I’m happy with them where they are now. When I log on I go straight to ‘View Posts Since Last Visit’ all the news posts took an extra page everyday. It used to annoy me having to search through them all to find the new posts. I know where the news is if I want to read it. It doesn’t take a genius to find it. One click at the top right area of the page for the people at the back. :wink:

hollywood:
One click at the top right area of the page for the people at the back. :wink:

:open_mouth: When did that appear there? That is a fairly recent addition as it wasn’t there when I was looking at Truck mail only the other day.

Give yer glasses a wipe fella :wink:

Pointless poll Rob.

The Insider is the start of a long term plan to transform the whole site into a true on-line magazine.

And because it is part of the companies long term strategy it is staying where it is, complete with the news.

As stated elsewhere 30% of the total site traffic visits the Insider, and most of those have no ineterst in these forums, they visit to read the news and articles.

If it is really to much of an effort to make one little click to read the news where it is then I am afraid you will miss out… :wink:

Is it only a pointless poll because the majority of the MEMBERS (note: not occasional site visitors) want the news forums back where they belong, I wonder?

Sorry, I thought TNUK was a site for DRIVER’S by driver’s.

Clearly I’m wrong again. :unamused:

Rob K:
Is it only a pointless poll because the majority of the MEMBERS (note: not occasional site visitors) want the news forums back where they belong, I wonder?

Sorry, I thought TNUK was a site for DRIVER’S by driver’s.

Clearly I’m wrong again. :unamused:

I would like to know what your idea of a majority is■■? It is 45 to 55 at the moment and it would be even closer to 50 50 if I had not pressed the wrong button, Leave it where it is, I need to do the same amount of mouse clicks now as I have always done but there is less scrolling on the main topic page as a result of its move.

Clearly I’m wrong again

Clearly Rob …

This site is run by Drivers for Drivers, not by Drivers for Rob K

Wether you like it or not, the site usage as a whole has increased quite dramitically since the Insider was launched, most of that extra traffic reads the Insider where it is.

Now we could just say stuff all those who use this site for the news and articles and dont want to utalise the forums. just because you cant be bothered to move your mouse finger… we could but we wont :wink: :wink:

smcaul:
I would like to know what your idea of a majority is■■? It is 45 to 55 at the moment and it would be even closer to 50 50 if I had not pressed the wrong button, Leave it where it is, I need to do the same amount of mouse clicks now as I have always done but there is less scrolling on the main topic page as a result of its move.

And those who actually use the Insider and NOT these forums dont have a vote…

where exactly is this insider thing? and the link i cant see it as my link in my favourites to this page brings me straight in to the forum trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2 do you have to go to the main page to see the link to the insider?.

Either look in the signature in my post directly above this one…

Or at the top of the page on the right hand side as you look at the screen there are 4 buttons… one marked insider
or
just go HERE

jammymutt:
where exactly is this insider thing? and the link i cant see it as my link in my favourites to this page brings me straight in to the forum trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2 do you have to go to the main page to see the link to the insider?.

Give yer specks a wipe fella :laughing: .

I couldn’t find it either, but it’s clear clear as day at the top right of all the pages, in yellow. :confused:

why do we get more hits from non members on the news site ,maybe it is because they wish to be kept in the news with only these points and not join in the activities on the inter-active forum ,at present, and hopefully that they may later decide to join the forum,and the persons who by placeing their advertisments in this area contribute to the up keep of this site ,and
people the site is good and gets hits from all sorts not just drivers of
commercial vehicles,so think people we do not exist alone on this planet.
so get your bookmarks/favorites set up right ,

Rikki-UK:

Rob K:
Clearly I’m wrong again

Clearly Rob …

This site is run by Drivers for Drivers, not by Drivers for Rob K

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh i see it its actually a blue thing well i never … :blush: :blush: i never noticed it before, however when it said news forum it was much more noticable andf i did have a look at it.

I,m not trying to tell anyone how to run the website just giving you an opinion of what i see as a user and how i use it.

jammymutt:

same here. my favourites links me directly to this forum since 99% of my time is spent here. i only occasionally go around the rest of the site :confused:

Some people just like to moan about anything it seems.!!

If they had nothing to moan about they would moan about not having anything to moan about

I never read the insider so it makes no diference to me where you put it also i never used to read the news when it was on here, not much help but i thought i’d have my say

Infact thinking about it leave the insider as it is and stick some of the other crap of here in it so i dont have to spend 5 hours scrolling down the page to find out who’s not on line :wink: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon