The ice co/Forest freight South kirkby

Ey up

Any one have any experience of working for these companies?

Just signed up with the agy for the ice company and looking to start next week.

Thanks in advance

Bring a warm coat.

Not worked for them but often back hauled out of there for tesco , did also deliver there years ago but can’t for the life of me remember what it was , straightforward enough ( though the amount of times I had too ring for another reference x2/x3 was beyond belief , already picked up , but that was a tesco issue not ice co
And I just wore a shirt :unamused:

Bleached denim shorts and sunglasses it is then

I want to make a good impression!

cheers for the info

Hello m8

What agency is it you working for out of ice co…ive done odd night shift for ice co and found them decent company tbh

Is it regular shifts the agency is giving you in there m8

Dean

Hi mate

Its Juice personnel but to be honest after signing up i havent actually managed to get a shift yet.

To be fair im only after weekends though.

Like most m8 ive driven for 18 years and sat here twiddling my thumbs…they all full of crap m8

Are you local to that area? i believe B & Q are looking for drivers at Redhouse, not sure of the agency though.

I hoping to get in at next but they dont seem to be doing assessments at the moment.

donk1889:
Are you local to that area? i believe B & Q are looking for drivers at Redhouse, not sure of the agency though.

I hoping to get in at next but they dont seem to be doing assessments at the moment.

Yes m8 i live in castleford so not that far away from south kirby…ive done next many of times but fed up of doing store deliveries over the years,the trunking side is easy enough but you will be asked to do a mix or trunking and store deliveries

Are you local to south kirby yourself?

donk1889:

Taskmaster and Staffline/driver+ are 2 that come to mind

I signed with Transline, Driver Supply, Zest, Juice, Driven Logistics and Aim recruit.

Ive had probably 13 shifts all year. Its ■■■■ here in Pontefract/Castleford/South Elmsall/South Kirkby.

Driven offered me monday to friday in CHEADLE. Asked if they were joking as it is 120 miles return journey each day. So much for Normanton work that they claimed to have ■■■■ loads of.

Its a joke round here.

Andrew.simmons:
I signed with Transline, Driver Supply, Zest, Juice, Driven Logistics and Aim recruit.

Ive had probably 13 shifts all year. Its [zb] here in Pontefract/Castleford/South Elmsall/South Kirkby.

Driven offered me monday to friday in CHEADLE. Asked if they were joking as it is 120 miles return journey each day. So much for Normanton work that they claimed to have [zb] loads of.

Its a joke round here.

Considered tramping work at all? Drive to work only once a week. I had one work mate who lived on the Isle Of Wight, got himself a tidy camper van and lived in that for 5 days a week while doing a daywork job on the mainland. It may not be a perfect solution but if you need the work?? And a camper is bigger and more comfortable that most truck cabs.

I live in South Elmsall

Considering there is so many firms around here work seems fairly diificult to come by.

Im fairly new to this so wasnt expecting full time work, i did however think agency work would be plentiful.

Andrew.simmons:

Ive had probably 13 shifts all year. Its [zb] here in Pontefract/Castleford/South Elmsall/South Kirkby.

Driven offered me monday to friday in CHEADLE. Asked if they were joking as it is 120 miles return journey each day. So much for Normanton work that they claimed to have [zb] loads of.

Its a joke round here.

It’s known as…

Agency bullsquirt. They talk all the shifts going, nights, day’s, weekends, van drivers, artics, rigids etc but have no real work. They fill up the jobcentre website with this rubbish too.

Then, all of a sudden when you’ve forgotten who they are, they’ll call you and wonder why you have the nerve to turn down the crappy 8 hour run they’ve got for you because you’ve found a real job somewhere else.

you can tell when they are lying cos their lips are moving

Londis?

Franglais:

Andrew.simmons:

Its a joke round here.

Considered tramping work at all? Drive to work only once a week. I had one work mate who lived on the Isle Of Wight, got himself a tidy camper van and lived in that for 5 days a week while doing a daywork job on the mainland. It may not be a perfect solution but if you need the work?? And a camper is bigger and more comfortable that most truck cabs.

I used to tramp (company about 80 miles from where I now live), gave that up to get a 4on-4off job, 60 miles from where I live. Spend three nights in the camper van, bigger and more comfortable than even the DAF SSC :laughing: .

Got fed up of spending hours and hours registering at different agencies…the work around west yorkshire area is crap atm i,ve never known it has bad.Even some of the ■■■■ jobs are taken now and the agencies will always ring me for at 10/11 pm start on a friday night

The job is on its arse for sure

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:

Andrew.simmons:

Its a joke round here.

I used to tramp (company about 80 miles from where I now live), gave that up to get a 4on-4off job, 60 miles from where I live. Spend three nights in the camper van, bigger and more comfortable than even the DAF SSC :laughing: .

Yep, I can see its its a good option. If my current boss takes a close look at my performance, and then calls all other employers in the area, Ill be doing it too. The 21st century equivalent of Norman Tebbits “get on yer bike”!

Franglais:

Andrew.simmons:

Its a joke round here.

Was offered tramping in Dewsbury and Ossett. Still at home!

donk1889:
I live in South Elmsall

Considering there is so many firms around here work seems fairly diificult to come by.

Im fairly new to this so wasnt expecting full time work, i did however think agency work would be plentiful.

Im over the roundabout from you in Upton in those newbuild houses.

I did work for Stanton Logistics in Goldthorpe. Was decent at first…