The Hollies off the M6

I’m here now and it’s nice and quite! Had the best days sleep I’ve had in any truckstop!
Cheaper then across the road too! :wink:

I had 2 trips to the UK last month and both times I parked in the hollies after tipping darlaston.
I would recommend it, the food was good and the showers and toilets are very good, clean and seemingly quite new.
I agree about the price of parking in the UK being a ripoff compared to over here but for iirc 15 or 17 pounds i got parked fed and showered and all payable on my fuel card so the boss pays for the food and shower :smiley: :smiley:

The girls that work there are pleasant enough,you can have a banter with them,the back rub in the shower is extra.

Good value nose bag,clean,friendly and jovial staff,parking only £12,shower £2.Security patrol at night for the tea leaves.Use them or lose them,i say.

the only place i’ve had my curtains slashed is there.

i allways thought it was a bit of a dump,food was`nt bad though

Lose em, too many people trying to rob us as it is.

I have not used it since then new owners took it over. But some of the lads at work have. I have been told it is a lot better than it use to be and they have spent a lot of money on it.

I will update when I have been there.

Been 3 times since new owners took over, not for the night just for grub, and it’s a vast improvement.

Sure there’s still targets to be achieved, but it was 1000% better than before.

toby1234abc:
Good value nose bag,clean,friendly and jovial staff,parking only £12,shower £2.Security patrol at night for the tea leaves.Use them or lose them,i say.

" ONLY £12 " T C, What do you get for that ■■? + shower = £2 + ? £££ for food … = well over £20 just to park up for the night,this Country is just a big rip off & you know what it costs to park up over the water & what sort of welcome you get compared to over here ?

Hope you are doing ok mate ? :laughing:

Will:

toby1234abc:

" ONLY £12 " T C, What do you get for that ■■? + shower = £2 + ? £££ for food … = well over £20 just to park up for the night,this Country is just a big rip off & you know what it costs to park up over the water & what sort of welcome you get compared to over here ?

Well said, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Does it still NEVER shut ■■

it used to be open 24/7, 365days of the year, a regular of mine 25+ years ago :slight_smile:

I’ve been since its reopened and there is an improvement but could be better in my opinion, Personally I prefer The Trucker’s Rest across the road. :wink:

Will:

toby1234abc:

Why should I care what it costs to park up over the water? Apparently fuel is only $2 a gallon in the US - that makes no difference to me either! I pay what it costs to park in a lorry park, or I park in a layby - that’s it…

BTW, where on the M6 is The Hollies?

on the A5 just off J12

The Sarge:

Will:

toby1234abc:

Why should I care what it costs to park up over the water? Apparently fuel is only $2 a gallon in the US - that makes no difference to me either! I pay what it costs to park in a lorry park, or I park in a layby - that’s it…

My post was not aimed at you Boyo.Toby,known to me as " T C " posted the original quote about the cost etc.The reason i replied was that T C has done a lot of continental work & it surprised me that he was praising up RIP OFF BRITAIN.But then Wales does not come into that does it ?

dlote2009:
Personally I prefer The Trucker’s Rest across the road.

I’ve always preferred it there too,used to go in every time I tipped at Four Ashes just down the road :slight_smile:

Will:
My post was not aimed at you Boyo.Toby,known to me as " T C " posted the original quote about the cost etc.The reason i replied was that T C has done a lot of continental work & it surprised me that he was praising up RIP OFF BRITAIN.But then Wales does not come into that does it ?

You’re a rude little devil aren’t you?