The history of the M25!

Well sort of…a bit long but interesting to us who use it!

I’d been wondering for ages why the M23 ended like it does. Pretty funny vid too. Good post.

Quality!!!

Good that, cheers !

Good film shame they scraped them :cry:

fingermissing:
Good film shame they scraped them :cry:

? :confused:

That was enjoyable, good job they scrapped them, it would have destroyed London. Part of London’s charm is it’s ramshackle planning. Anyhow all that and much more is on this great site about roads http://www.cbrd.co.uk

A great video. I question the ability of the British to sort London traffic out. The Paris peripherique can carry heavy traffic around the great city at 50mph and in general it is fairly free flowing. You need eyes in your arse, but if you haven’t got that added extra, take public transport of which there is plenty.

thanks for this video. It has now just shown me why the junction for the M25 off the M23 is such a mess

Wheel Nut:
A great video. I question the ability of the British to sort London traffic out. The Paris peripherique can carry heavy traffic around the great city at 50mph and in general it is fairly free flowing. You need eyes in your arse, but if you haven’t got that added extra, take public transport of which there is plenty.

I’m sorry but I must disagree with you there. Paris is the arse hole of Europe when it comes to traffic. I’ve probably spent days of my life sat in traffic in that bloody place.

switchlogic:
That was enjoyable, good job they scrapped them, it would have destroyed London. Part of London’s charm is it’s ramshackle planning. Anyhow all that and much more is on this great site about roads http://www.cbrd.co.uk

I don’t want to live in L.A. either!

Interesting. I do like the West Cross Route and the Westway:- 50mph no probs in central London! Shame you can only do that for a few minutes seeing how they total less than 3.5 miles, then it’s back to the usual horror. Shows what might have been great for driving (until everyone got the idea and clogged it all up which wouldn’t take long). Weird the way the M23 just stops, never been up that way.

44 Tonne Ton:
Well sort of…a bit long but interesting to us who use it!

What a great find, very amusing too!! :smiley:

I have to agree, on the north circular you do feel like you’re bombing around like a ■■■■■

I enjoyed that. Thanks