The Harry Gill Fan Club!

It’s been a while since we heard from Mr Gill, I hope he’s keeping well and the same sentiment for the lovely Mrs Gill.

I have a tale of woe…beware of toffees :cry: don’t laugh, I’m serious. So there I am, resting after a hectic day of social engagements (I’d been down to the garage for a pot of tea wi’ t’lads), gently eating a Werthers Original toffee but it had a hard bit in it. On closer examination I made the startling discovery that the hard bit was part of my tooth. :open_mouth: I’ve had to give the rest of the packet to Mrs GOM, she refused to reimburse me with the cost :imp:
So, off to the dentist.
£62 later he’d repaired the tooth :imp: (it gets better does this tale)
Yesterday a follow up appointment and THE BUTCHER (the sign says he’s a dental surgeon)…he pulled the bloody tooth out and the cheeky scrote said “stay off alcohol for a few days”

So now I’m down £62, one packet of toffees, one tooth, and no pint.

BEWARE OF TOFFEES

Dear oh dear , to a yorkshireman that is a cruel blow . I’m very surprised that a dentist dare charge that much in your neck of the woods . the money those buggers charge is scandalous , eighteen pound fifty for a checkup and fifty seven pound for a filling at the wife’s dentist . I’m glad i had all mine out years ago .

Hiya,
I was the last to post on here in mid October, and nowt since I can’t
talk to myself now can I, glad you two fellah’ mi lads are still active,
My missus isn’t doing too well with the chemo it’s knocking her for a
six and just as she starts to feel a little better she has another bout
to contend with one next week then her last one is two days before
Christmas so there won’t be much festive cheer at No7 this Chrimbo
then a break until the New Year when several sessions of radio-
therapy will commence they do say that isn’t quite so bad as chemo
I hope not, she’s had a rough old passage so far, I do know that the
effects chemotherapy can have having several courses 11 years ago
myself and I know how low it can make you feel my immune system
became so low I developed pneumonia and it was touch and go for
several days this was during the third session I was receiving I was
on a very strong dose of the stuff and required blood transfusions to
get me back on an even keel, but it must have worked I’m still here.
thanks harry, long retired

harry_gill:
Hiya,

Hi Harry,
Take care mate and I hope everything goes ok, Best Regards Pete

Hiya,
Thanks Pete that makes mefeel better already.
thanks harry, long retired.

You and your good lady have real sympathy from me harry . Bloody evil disease , took half my family . I do hope you can both keep strong and weather the bad bits . Tell her the hillbillies down in derbyshire are thinking of her and wishing her the best , and of course yourself , she’s got you to lean on . Dave

Hiya “H” sorry to learn that your Good lady is having a bit of a rough time at the moment but I hope the New Year will see her on the mend and back to “full ear bashing mode” ! I am just going through not quite the same serious problems at the moment with Anne who has had a serious operation on her left hand, but she had to go under a full anaesthetic which was the worst bit, fortunately she was OK and is now undergoing regular physio but the downside is I have been roped into (on Consultants orders) vacuuming and other quite foreign household chores :open_mouth: Anyhow Mate I am sure, and sincerely hope, that everything will go OK for the Missus and she will soon be giving you the “Ear ache” which no doubt you richly deserve eh! :wink: Kindest regards Dennis.

Bewick:
Hiya “H” sorry to learn that your Good lady is having a bit of a rough time at the moment but I hope the New Year will see her on the mend and back to “full ear bashing mode” ! I am just going through not quite the same serious problems at the moment with Anne who has had a serious operation on her left hand, but she had to go under a full anaesthetic which was the worst bit, fortunately she was OK and is now undergoing regular physio but the downside is I have been roped into (on Consultants orders) vacuuming and other quite foreign household chores :open_mouth: Anyhow Mate I am sure, and sincerely hope, that everything will go OK for the Missus and she will soon be giving you the “Ear ache” which no doubt you richly deserve eh! :wink: Kindest regards Dennis.

Best wishes to you and your good lady "H"I hope things start to improve soon. On the bright side!! Dennis using the vacuum :imp: :imp: That conjures up a smile eh? :smiley:
I wonder if he has a French maids outfit especially for the occasion? :wink: :wink: :wink: the Freddy Mercury video comes to mind :imp: :imp: Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

Bewick:

Best wishes to you and your good lady "H"I hope things start to improve soon. On the bright side!! Dennis using the vacuum :imp: :imp: That conjures up a smile eh? :smiley:
I wonder if he has a French maids outfit especially for the occasion? :wink: :wink: :wink: the Freddy Mercury video comes to mind :imp: :imp: Regards Kev.

Howay wor Kev, if you please ! Boiler suit and Riggers ! “That’s the last time you are going into the lounge you ■■■■■■■ !!!” ( quote my Good lady)

kevmac47:

Bewick:

Kev
Is this the image you have of Dennis doing his chores? Anon 2

tumblr_nx1v6ykxhs1rkef0xo4_500.jpg

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Bewick:

Kev

That’s the one Pete!! :imp: :imp: Regards Kev :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Kev,
Better put a proper “dirty pic” on for Harry!

15094270_782684225205843_1440084323759929977_n.jpg

rigsby:
Dear oh dear , to a yorkshireman that is a cruel blow . I’m very surprised that a dentist dare charge that much in your neck of the woods . the money those buggers charge is scandalous , eighteen pound fifty for a checkup and fifty seven pound for a filling at the wife’s dentist . I’m glad i had all mine out years ago .

Nope, just short of £20 now, it’s been increased.

harry_gill:
Hiya,

Chin up Harry, try to stay strong for Mrs Gill. Tell her we are all thinking about her and we look forward to the improvement that WILL come.

pete smith:
Hi Kev,

Nah, if you apply Mr Gills standards that’s been washed, chammy leathered, and wax polished. Harry idea of “the weathered look” is totally different from anything we can imagine. :stuck_out_tongue:

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Bewick:

Kev

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Ooo er ! shut that door !

grumpy old man:

pete smith:
Hi Kev,

Nah, if you apply Mr Gills standards that’s been washed, chammy leathered, and wax polished. Harry idea of “the weathered look” is totally different from anything we can imagine. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hiya,
Ah’, My idea of weathered is you won’t be able to see the guvnors expensive
livery, nor can the Ministry men, but I did make a point of using yesterdays
Daily Mirror to give the glass a good clean and a “clarty” turf to buff up the
number plate. Oh’ and thanks for the good wishes for my good lady it has
brightened her up a treat, thank you.

Now then old lad, how are things going ? it’s been a week or two since we heard from you.

grumpy old man:
Now then old lad, how are things going ? it’s been a week or two since we heard from you.

Hiya,
Well nice to see the HGFC being given a prod by your good self GOM I really can’t
put much on here unless I’m prompted it would be like talking to myself if I was
to add my rubbish, but it’s nice to see that someone is wondering if I’m still alive
GOM a happy new year to you and yours. My missus had her last chemo two days
before Christmas day which does leave her quite down and myself having been
through the chemo thingy myself am very understanding of her discomfort and
try to keep her spirits up and later this week she starts her sessions of radio
therapy but the after effects of this treatment aren’t so uncomfortable as the
chemo was or so they say, I didn’t have that treatment, Now if anyone else is in
doubt if this old “coffin dodger” is still not “boxed up” I’m not and I’m here to wish
you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

grumpy old man:

Hiya,
Well nice to see the HGFC being given a prod by your good self GOM I really can’t
put much on here unless I’m prompted it would be like talking to myself if I was
to add my rubbish, but it’s nice to see that someone is wondering if I’m still alive
GOM a happy new year to you and yours. My missus had her last chemo two days
before Christmas day which does leave her quite down and myself having been
through the chemo thingy myself am very understanding of her discomfort and
try to keep her spirits up and later this week she starts her sessions of radio
therapy but the after effects of this treatment aren’t so uncomfortable as the
chemo was or so they say, I didn’t have that treatment, Now if anyone else is in
doubt if this old “coffin dodger” is still not “boxed up” I’m not and I’m here to wish
you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.