The Harry Gill Fan Club!

windrush:

Bewick:
Well blow me down ,they reckon you learn summat new every day so that’s why I used to think it got a bit warmish in them F88’s ! Cheers Dennis.

Now’t to do with heating Dennis, you would be sweating at the thought of twice as much fuel going through the pipes in the 88 compared to the old Gardner and still only the same amount of work done. :slight_smile:

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

windrush:

Bewick:
Well blow me down ,they reckon you learn summat new every day so that’s why I used to think it got a bit warmish in them F88’s ! Cheers Dennis.

Now’t to do with heating Dennis, you would be sweating at the thought of twice as much fuel going through the pipes in the 88 compared to the old Gardner and still only the same amount of work done. :slight_smile:

Pete.

Your probably right there Pete ! Now you come to mention it I was wringing in sweat by I got down to Charnock Richard services eh! :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink: Dennis.

Bewick:

windrush:

Bewick:

Pete.

Your probably right there Pete ! Now you come to mention it I was wringing in sweat by I got down to Charnock Richard services eh! :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink: Dennis.

Dennis did you just stop there for a ■■■■, Or a shower, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

He stopped to fill the tanks, Larry. Don’t forget, he’s come all the way from ■■■■■■■ on two tanks!!!

Retired Old ■■■■:
He stopped to fill the tanks, Larry. Don’t forget, he’s come all the way from ■■■■■■■ on two tanks!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: was taking a break on the pumps

Morning all,
I hope all the old buggas (and the young Ang.) are keeping well, still ticking over. Our man Mr Gill has been quiet of late.
This morning I’ve had to take TWO brave pills. As you know I don’t do shopping BUT my staff is getting a bit fragile and she says dragging the shopping trolley round Dewsbury is a bit much for her so, this morning, I’M GOING SHOPPING :open_mouth:
Last time I did it it didn’t go well, security were called in the local Asda :frowning: …hell, all I did was tell some wimmin to move their bloody trolleys out of the way.
Wish me luck :smiley:

grumpy old man:
Morning all,
I hope all the old buggas (and the young Ang.) are keeping well, still ticking over. Our man Mr Gill has been quiet of late.
This morning I’ve had to take TWO brave pills. As you know I don’t do shopping BUT my staff is getting a bit fragile and she says dragging the shopping trolley round Dewsbury is a bit much for her so, this morning, I’M GOING SHOPPING :open_mouth:
Last time I did it it didn’t go well, security were called in the local Asda :frowning: …hell, all I did was tell some wimmin to move their bloody trolleys out of the way.
Wish me luck :smiley:

I feel your pain , I’d sooner fight all the demons of hell than take the staff shopping . I often pop down to morrisons for odds and sods in the week , 20 minutes and job done . If I take 'er indoors i need a packed lunch , a chair to rest while she makes her mind up and a hanky to mop the tears when we get to the checkout . She has to look at every item on every shelf to see if we need it , and she 'already has the shopping list that took her all morning to compile and then she moans if we have to pay 5p for an extra carrier bag . Dave

Hiya,
I’m not getting much puter time in at the moment, the Missus has just had a couple
of operations for breast cancer and the running about between home and hospital
is so time consuming and quite likely to go on for some time yet, when the chemo
starts, (and since she had the flu jab she has developed flu-like symptoms), this has
mean’t she isn’t allowed near the cancer ward until she is better, they reckon that
they have enough sick people in here already without her adding to the number, it
was their idea to have the flu thingy in the first place as a precaution to catching
the condition, so her next visit to hospital will be next Monday if she is well enough
so it looks like it won’t be “normal service resuming” for a while yet.
thanks harry, long retired.

Hello Harry. A mate of mine from the borders had his treatment in Newcastle and by his description the Cancer teams are all equally as good - mine was in Bury St Edmunds. You are in good hands. You won’t enjoy the experience but once the bad bit is thrown away the only way is up. Thinking about you and your good lady. All the best. Jim.

jmc jnr:
Hello Harry. A mate of mine from the borders had his treatment in Newcastle and by his description the Cancer teams are all equally as good - mine was in Bury St Edmunds. You are in good hands. You won’t enjoy the experience but once the bad bit is thrown away the only way is up. Thinking about you and your good lady. All the best. Jim.

Hiya,
Jim it’s eleven years since I had my stomach cancer surgery that was done at
the old General Hospital for the Chemo and the surgery was done at the RVI
both in Newcastle and haven’t had a ha’porth of trouble since, just hope the
same applies to the missus so I do know what she will go through getting to
the clean bill of health stage, but she’s a “tough old bird” she’ll get there.

Hope she is well soon Harry my mate had breast cancer had all done at Newcastle she reckons it is the best there especially now with the Bobby Robson unit being all modern equipment so would say she is in good hands

I am sure that Mrs Gill will get well soon Harry, all the lads will be thinking of her and yourself, so give her all our love.

animal:
Hope she is well soon Harry my mate had breast cancer had all done at Newcastle she reckons it is the best there especially now with the Bobby Robson unit being all modern equipment so would say she is in good hands

Hiya,
Hello Ang the missus had her surgery at Durham and she will get her chemo there
as well, but will possibly have to go to the Freeman for part of her treatment, if
they decide she needs radio therapy as well, thanks Ang x
thanks harry long retired.

mushroomman:
I am sure that Mrs Gill will get well soon Harry, all the lads will be thinking of her and yourself, so give her all our love.

Hiya,
Thanks “mushroomman” just shown the missus your message it’s cheered her up
no end, she can’t believe it’s all the way from Australia.
thanks harry, long retired,

Hi “H”,so sorry to hear that your “better half” is un well and I hope she will be soon back on the mend ! anyhow she will have one hell of an incentive to get better as she won’t be even contemplating leaving you to your own nefarious devices !!! Anyway “H” all the best to you and the Missus and I do hope everything returns to normal service asap. Regards Dennis.

harry_gill:

mushroomman:

Hiya,
Thanks “mushroomman” just shown the missus your message it’s cheered her up
no end, she can’t believe it’s all the way from Australia.
thanks harry, long retired,

I’m a bit nearer to you in sunny :wink: Gateshead “H” but the sentiment is just the same, best wishes to your good lady, and yourself. Regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley:

A bit further away than kev , but best wishes to your good lady and yourself from the wilds of derbyshire harry . dave

I’m feel sure (I know) that I speak for all the folk on here Harry when I say we hope she’s back to fighting fitness quickly Harry.

Hi Harry, Give your good lady my best wishes for a speedy recovery my friend, Regards Larry.

Hiya,
Thanks everybody for your kind words I do let her know that you are all wishing her well
and she really does appreciate good wishes, she was supposed to start her chemo last
Monday but was turned back when she developed flu-like symptoms after having had the
flu jab on their recommendation, so hopefully her treatment will be on for the coming
Monday, and it looks like it will drag on until about January with a possibility of further
treatment at another hospital after the first lot is finished.