The Hardest Part

So now I’ve got to get a job! Is 7.5 tonne work any good for gaining experience, as I’m willing to do anything to get experience.

The best bet I’d say is to do anything and everything, don’t turn a job down, its all experience :grimacing:

Tarrman:
The best bet I’d say is to do anything and everything, don’t turn a job down, its all experience :grimacing:

Can’t wait to get my licence and things back! My manager had agreed to let me work a few days a week instead of full time so I can get experience through an agency or something.

I’m just waiting on my digi card to come through the post, I’ve got everything else, been waiting ages though, I hope there’s not a problem with it. I might see if my work will let me do that too once I get my CE, would be a nice way to gain experience and still have job security.

7.5t will get you experience and show an employer you can be trusted with larger vehicles. If the employer has larger vehicles and you prove yourself, you can work up through them quickly. Before you know it you’ll be pulling a 45ft trailer :slight_smile:

7.5t work is going to add to your experience, or at least keeps your’ hand in ’ on the large vehicles, work your way up onto class2 & 1vehicles when you can, pretty much as dar says. 7.5t may not be what you want in the first place, but it’s better than nothing. …& it’s a starting point :smiley: