The Green Group, Rotherham, Any Info?

Hiya Lads. I’ve been told by a friend that the Green Group based in Rotherham are looking for drivers, I just wondered if anyone had any experience or knowledge of the set up etc… :open_mouth:

I understand that it’s owned by Pete Osbourn,
former owner of Innovate before he sold it to Eimskip of Iceland.

No further info

I know absoloutly nothing about then but I like the look of their fleet colours. The stand out really well on the road.

thegreen-group.com/

damoq:
I know absoloutly nothing about then but I like the look of their fleet colours. The stand out really well on the road.

£7.50 an hour or so I’m told.

How many truck’s do they operate ■■ they seem to have hundreds but i dont think they have

tobytyke:
Hiya Lads. I’ve been told by a friend that the Green Group based in Rotherham are looking for drivers, I just wondered if anyone had any experience or knowledge of the set up etc… :open_mouth:

Really, might have something to do with this…

Judehamish:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SHYTOT:
How many trucks do they operate ?

They seem to have hundreds but i dont think they have.

Operators Licence for 10 units + 10 trailers at Finningley and

40 units + 46 trailers at Maltby.

So, by law, it must be fewer than that.

Cheers for the fast replys!

Spoke to a lad working for them just last week. He said loads of work,he’d been away all week but other times just the odd night out. He was on agency getting £9 something pence ph.
I myself was offered work with them through agency at £10 ph flat rate.

Hope this helps.

jtm:
work with them through agency at £10 ph flat rate.

Which agency?
post here or PM

Pertemps Agency, Arundel Gate, Sheffield S1 2PN. 0114 279 7799

. . . Have had their Drivers in there - no idea of their pay or work involved.

Brad James works at Pertemps - Ken Brammer is / was the Manager.

peirre:

jtm:
work with them through agency at £10 ph flat rate.

Which agency?
post here or PM

Pm with phone number if you don’t get it just look up Irecruit donny.

looks like they might be expanding abit… lorryspotting.com/newsArticl … 1123961224 not sure about the wages though £7 pound odd straight through no overtime rate :unamused:

I like this bit:

Green Group signed the deal for its first Euro VI trucks last autumn. “We could have gone down the Euro V route again,” explains Miss Wharmsby. “But we strive as a business to do all that we can to reduce our carbon footprint, not least because customers invariably ask us when conducting their own annual reviews, what we’re doing to cut emissions.

I don’t think for one minute that their customers are remotely interested in emissions. All they care about, like many others, is getting the goods from A2B as cheaply as possible.

“Ah well we have asked our drivers not to ■■■■ as much, that way we are reducing our emissions as a company.”

What utter pr ■■■■■■■■ she is spouting.

Ken.

Judehamish:

And a shiny new truck! Count me in… :laughing:

Judehamish:

Must have had a pay rise! I’m sure it was closer to £7.20.

The trucks based at Finningley run on the ‘Aggregates R Us’ contract, delivering pre packed aggregates. They will be busy as they’ve taken a shed load of work from Tarmac just down the road.

It would appear the local lurcker has ichy feet again, after resurrecting this thread.
One day he’ll take the plunge …