The Great North Road Rally 2009

Well this is my first post on Tnet so lets hope all goes well.
Had a great day out at Newark show ground at the AEC society rally, meet some real nights of the road and saw some stunning old lorry’s.
My favorites were ones I had driven way back in the past but they were all great. But I did have a soft spot for the Atki borderer with sleeper cab, the flat top F10, the mint F7, the Layland Interstate, the Yeoman F12 and the un restored F10 with period tilt trailer just made me think of happy days in the late 80’s over the water.
Enjoy !!

hiya,
welcome theluck and proper truckie pictures as well driven most of em in my time liked the old brs motor done a few miles in one like that pulling a trailer, was only a youngster then nice to see the old girls on parade can’t be doing with the present day stuff to me it doesn’t look like it does any work.
thanks harry long retired.

Welcome ‘theluck’. Smashing pics mate, looks like it was a good show, and not raining either- what a result!!! :smiley:

Good pics mate :slight_smile: love that F12 must of been one of the last ones on an ‘E’ reg with the 385BHP lump in it before they introduced the square headlighted version with the 400 BHP engine :smiling_imp:

Where’s this flat-top F10■■

Thanks for the warm welcome, and here is the flat top F10 I forgot to post

yeomans f12 globby was a ex thorburns unit :wink: had the option well not me but the company i worked for to buy that or a L reg globby f12,

hiya,
flat top f10 standing alone and outstanding.
thanks harry long retired,

Nice pics wish id known about this event i woould have popped down :smiley:

I would have took my old gal too… Maybe next year

post a pic of your motor Mr Globetrotter, I do like an old Volvo :smiley: :smiley:

Just got it back on the road, spent past two years re-restoring the chassis.

Posted a few links for you aswell

top looking motor, you should definitely take it to the Newark show next year, thanks for pic and links :smiley:

Can you PM me some details on who the contact for the show is and entry fees etc. please.

It’s only up the road (bonus).

PM sent :smiley:

Just a few more

great pictures¬!