The great getaway?

if only that was true we all would have avoided the huge queues that started today in all the normal places A1 /M25/M4 and of course the wonderfull A34/M3 junc where as norm they all fly past to sit in the 4 mile que at the bottom,well i hoped it could only get better from here on and not to be disappointed,it went all the way to the forest,except for the TUPPERWARE MANSIONS,who was being pulled into rownhams lorry park for the checkover that was long over due since last oct. :smiley:

p.s this area has been on hol for the last week as well as next week.

what great getaway? is this a holiday weekend?

i am so glad to leave that place behind. the rush hour on the M27/M3 from 7am til 10am etc. here, you can drive through the middle of the city at 8am with hardly any other traffic. its great :smiley:

Was a bad day on the roads yesterday. Tried avoiding the incident at Huntingdon and came off the M11 at Duxford, but the A505 was closed due to a fatal accident. Back on the M11 and off at J12 to cut across to Sandy, joined the A603 towards Bedford and that was closed due to a bad accident.

Luckily I was running with a former bulker driver who took us through the villages and back to base.

On Good Friday last year, I made the mistake of coming down the A42/M42 and ignoring the signs ‘Congestion Ahead’. It seems that anyone heading from the North West to the South West, knowing the reputation of the M6/M5 route, chose to use the Toll Road.

The problem with this is that everything from both the Toll Road, and the M42, five lanes, then have to filter into two lanes. It took me about 90 minutes to get through the congestion.

The alternative, if on the A42/M42 route, is to get off at J9, and follow the A446 here, the A452, to the the A45, and then rejoin the M42 at J6. It adds 15 minutes to the journey.