The Graveyard

Allmans finest

Found in staffs

6D59F584-BEF1-42F1-A767-2FBAF637389B.jpeg

Another angle

A75396F8-3891-40C8-A258-F988FBDDA898.jpeg

moomooland:
Took this picture yesterday at a in a yard at Bacup.
It is Atkinson Searcher Reg No RTD 813M which was new to W. Partington & Son Ltd of Coppull, in November 1973.
On the road until February 1999 during the 1990’s a fourth axle was added after it had been sold on to an operator in the Fylde area.

HI Paul
I Took a photo of this truck about 8yrs ago but looking at it now it looks like it’s been on fire at some time since.Did you get too speak to Len Isherwood the chap who owns the yard he was telling me that it was brought in for him to do a restoration job on it,he had a couple of others around the rear of workshop belonging to the same chap to use for spares.

These are the ones round the back of his workshop

Before the 4th axle was fitted

4 wheeler ERF at Sharpness Dock Gloucs.

robroy:

I could do with that for spare panels ,or even the cab ,was it less than 10 litre with low floor or proper for big engine ?

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

I could do with that for spare panels ,or even the cab ,was it less than 10 litre with low floor or proper for big engine ?

Funny that, I thought of you when I saw that Dan, thought it’d be right up your street…(I should have kept location secret and charged you a finders fee. :laughing: )

Don’t know mate, didn’t have a good look at it,.I had to get away.
It’s in the engineering yard of Sharpness Dry Dock, if you ring main dock office, they’ll more than likely give you the firm’s number mate.
Or if you call in yourself, right at dock roundabout, go right around the back of the dock to a residential street on right, turn left towards dockside…(stop before you get to end. :laughing:)

GL13 9UD…I know how much you rely on a sat nav. :laughing:

I’ll call in ,last time I was there it was in fathers mk2 Atki a load of scrap in 1983 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
I’d be 6 and it was dark :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
I’ll call in ,last time I was there it was in fathers mk2 Atki a load of scrap in 1983 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

6 in 83 ? :open_mouth:
Christ that makes me feel old. :open_mouth: :laughing:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

Mere children walk among us Rob! :blush: He does look a lot older though, apparently that’s what ERF’s do to you? :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

Mere children walk among us Rob! :blush: He does look a lot older though, apparently that’s what ERF’s do to you? :wink:

Pete.

:laughing:
We’ve yet to meet.
From what I’ve heard, the type of pub he goes in has a tweed jacket and plus fours dress code, where you must be accompanied with a old English Sheepdog, and serving lukewarm real ale with names like the Ugly Hobbit,.and The Herdwick sheep, and playing Jethro Tull tracks on the jukebox. :open_mouth:

I like Sports bars, with Ice Cold beer, playing Bon Jovi noisily, and showing at least two multi screen football games at the same time. :sunglasses:
Never the Twain shall meet…as they say. :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s just your fantasy Rob, Dan lives on the top of a mountain where the only people higher are God, St Peter and a few Angels. Even the birds carry oxygen supplies with them. A nice place though if you dont have vertigo, I have actually been to Punchard Towers but I haven’t been in either of his village pubs for forty years. I doubt that the clientelle you describe frequent them though, although that might apply to a few ‘trippers’ in summer, and anyway Dan always seems too busy grafting to have time for propping a bar up! :laughing:

Pete.

Pop up there tomorrow, Pete, and he may buy you a celebratory drink!
Happy birthday anyway!

Steve

Ste46:
Happy birthday anyway!

Steve

Cheers Steve! I’m sure that if The Nelson was actually allowed to open Dan would trip over himself in his rush to buy me a drink, just my rotten luck that were are in tier three! :unamused: :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Ste46:
Happy birthday anyway!

Steve

Cheers Steve! I’m sure that if The Nelson was actually allowed to open Dan would trip over himself in his rush to buy me a drink, just my rotten luck that were are in tier three! :unamused: :wink:

Pete.

Perhaps he will take a leaf from old Sam Longson book Pete ,( I didn’t get rich by giving it away ) was his famous quote .

rigsby:

windrush:

Ste46:
Happy birthday anyway!

Steve

Pete.

Perhaps he will take a leaf from old Sam Longson book Pete ,( I didn’t get rich by giving it away ) was his famous quote .
[/quote]

Sam wasn’t alone with those comments though Dave, as you well know! A few years ago I mentioned to a haulier who’s driver was retiring after many years service what he had given him as a retirement gift and he looked shocked, “I paid him weekly, that should have been enough!” :unamused:

Pete.

Here’s a bit of history:

The Big J, as its 1960s designers had originally intended. Must be worth saving, just for the reg. document. I’m sure those resourceful lads in Liverpool could have it back on the road!

I found it here:
youtube.com/watch?v=DIxseqoPGlM

The whole video is probably worth watching, but the commentary is terrible.

Here’s another one, this time from Norway:
youtube.com/watch?v=vakAvcLOCPc

There’s a couple of 89s, a Snabbe/Trygge, a Globetrotter and what looks like a working FH12 Mk1. One of the 89s is a day cab, the other is a G with an F cab (!).

Norway must be wealthy enough not to bother gathering the stuff up for the scrap man.

What a waste esp the F16

robthedog:
What a waste esp the F16

I had not noticed that it was an F16. It all looks quite tidy. What a waste indeed- a collector would give good money for that.