The Future!!!

Ive been reading posts from a lot of the New generation (Truck Drivers) :open_mouth:, And im worried for them :exclamation: cause they need to buy sat nav… internet, gps. WTF!!! How did we cope without this my mind boggles. Give me a map any day! :open_mouth: you get stuck ask and someone will direct you FFS!! no wonder now in the services or where ever drivers park up and not chat now! or go for a beer or two. God how times have changed :confused: Or am I getting older :wink: :wink: :wink:

Always ask a postman or a milkman myself, I do have a sat nav but it just seems wrong.

Richard R:
Always ask a postman

Dont be silly, they’ve just had copilot systems fitted.

m1cks:

Richard R:
Always ask a postman

My postman’s bike hasn’t been fitted with one yet. Robert :laughing:

robert1952:

m1cks:

Richard R:
Always ask a postman

Done away with bikes too now :frowning:

My cardinal rule when I was up and down the road was NEVER EVER ask a woman for directions,total waste of time,I remember asking an “older” lady once in Blackburn when I was looking for Primrose engineering to collect a new trailer “never heard of them son and I’ve lived here all my life” ! Their bloody great factory turned out to be two streets away from where I had been asking her :unamused: :unamused: :astonished: :astonished: Bewick.

robert1952:

m1cks:

Richard R:
Always ask a postman

:smiley: :smiley: :bulb: :arrow_right:

Hodgy67:
Ive been reading posts from a lot of the New generation (Truck Drivers) :open_mouth:, And im worried for them :exclamation: cause they need to buy sat nav… internet, gps. WTF!!! How did we cope without this my mind boggles. Give me a map any day! :open_mouth: you get stuck ask and someone will direct you FFS!! no wonder now in the services or where ever drivers park up and not chat now! or go for a beer or two. God how times have changed :confused: Or am I getting older :wink: :wink: :wink:

We returned from a European tour last week ( as passengers on a coach ) and it was very enjoyable as if I had a thick head in the morning I just had a kip so our future is wasting the bairns inheritance on holidays,
as for working in the transport industry in these days no thank you too many educated idiots who don’t know their arse from their elbows in positions they not able manage to reasonable standard. :unamused:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

I made that mistake a few times Bewick, asking women for directions that is, and a
typical reply was…just follow the no.56 bus route. :unamused: :unamused:
How did we ever manage. :smiley: :smiley:

Why is it when a women is asked for directions they say carry on down this road & turn left into such & such a street But have you noticed they use their right hand, & vice a versa when saying turn right, Ha Ha, But what would we do without them Eh, Regards Larry.

Postman, Post office, copshop or corner shop. All better than satnav.

I can remember a time I was in Manchester I asked this female traffic warden… directions and she said open the passenger door ill take you there :smiley: she then tells me the firm your lookin for is next to the bakers shop where she takes her break :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: job done :laughing:

The problem with ladies is that they don’t navigate by pub names like we do. Robert

I use a sat nav (car version) but I double check with my maps. I get the pee taken a bit at work because I have AA and Collins road atlases (AA is better for an overview of London and easier to mark places on but the Collins one has better city maps). Also got a Navigator atlas which is starting to contract leprosy which is good for industrial estates but the small scale is hard to check on the move. I’ve got various A to Zs and a London map with our customers written down alongside the relevant grid references. I’ve got our customers saved on the sat nav as points of interest along with laybys, Keyfuels sites and overnight parking areas. I also programme my sat nav prior to using it to stick to motorways and A roads.
Paranoid? Most likely but Londons’ parking wardens and lorry ban system is yet to get me. :smiley: