The future automated abs and air line connection!

.iosh.co.uk/groups/food_and_d … version=-1

Stumbled across this website ,says that in the future won’t have to get out of cab to connect air lines,abs,etc. manufacturers are working on it apparently!

Sooner the better I say , :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

Lot of info on there check it out. :unamused:

Jost have had that system for sale for a good few years.

Only practical in a closed fleet really else you’d need normal lines on the unit as well.

You would still need to get out for legs, park brake, kingpin dog clip and number plate.

Only real use I can see is for fridges, but its hardly rocket science to “Split Couple” if required. Most times I dont bother as there is plenty of room.

Yeap not much room behind them dam fridge units!! They looking at mounting the connections down lower on pull out hinges aswell :unamused: :unamused:

Much easier than struggling in a little tight gap ! :laughing: :laughing:

What goes around comes around :stuck_out_tongue:

The Scammell coupling continued in regular use until the 1970s when the increasing gross train weights and the increased use of the fifth wheel coupling, caused it to fall out of favour with haulage operators. The Ministry of Defence and one or two small companies continued to use the Scammell coupling gear until the late 1980’s and it was believed that these were the last users, however club member and author Bill Aldridge found the Scammell system still being used well into the 21st century. For further details please right click here and select ‘Save target as …’

The coupling consisted of two ramps attached to the rear of the tractors chassis and coupling hooks situated in front of the rear wheels. The trailer had an undercarriage mounted below the turntable with two rollers that ran up the tractor ramps. Under the beam holding the rollers was a narrow twin legged frame (with jockey wheels at its extremities) which folded back as the rollers ran up between the tractor ramps and striking the release plate situated below the ramps.

The hooks on the tractor unit engaged with the lugs on the trailer, attaching it to the tractor unit. Most importantly the trailer brake and trailer light connections were made automatically and all the driver had to do was release the trailer hand brake and connect the registration plate to the rear of the trailer.

trubster:
You would still need to get out for legs, park brake, kingpin dog clip and number plate.

Only real use I can see is for fridges, but its hardly rocket science to “Split Couple” if required. Most times I dont bother as there is plenty of room.

Not so Mullins:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I7uZrhev_b … 7uZrhev_bw