The Fox Inn, A1 Colsterworth

Hello There,

I am writing on here today as the new lease holder of The Fox Inn, Great North Road (A1), Colsterworth, Granthem, NG33 5LN.

The pub & hotel has been widely used by truck drivers in previous years. Unfortunatey the reputation has been lost over the past few years.

The Fox is now re open under New Management with a warm friendly welcome to everyone.

We have a fully licensed bar, home made food, pool table, darts board, tv and ample parking for plenty of you!

Hope to see you all soon!

Contact us on 01572 767697

This is on the s/b carriageway just after colsterworth r/b, difficult to access going n/b sadly (if i remember correctly) used to go their for meals when i was a kid (parents live near) and it was a good place but not been there for years. If i remeber right it had plenty of room for HGV’s in the back yard.

But if you do turn round (at colsterworth roundabout i’d imagine otherwise you have to do u turns between carriageways unless they have already been blocked off) you can then access the n/b carriageway with ease from the s/b as you just come off at the next slip after the new fox and go under the a1 and your back on the n/b side.

We are now open from 12pm every day now, offering you guys plenty of nice food for dinner along with a cold refreshing beer for the road!

Parking is just £10.00 per night which comes with 2 free pints of beer.

I’ve driven past The Fox for many years and watched it fall into disrepair, I don’t go past that often now. :frowning:

I’ll be stopping next time I’m down that way, looks a treat, all the best for the future. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Stu

i saw the sign last week, and wondered if it was under new management.

may be worth your while, putting a note on the sign, “lorries welcome”.

i used too wonder if lorries could stop there.
good luck with the venture, if the service is good, word will soon get around.

The Fox Inn:

Not being awkward here but what if the Drivers Tea Total or does not drink whilst working?

Would a free meal & Soft Drink not have been a better incentive?

3 points that come to mind regarding the OP
1st …since the OP`s 1st post is an advert, has the OP Advert been approved by either Rikki or the Mods?
or is it spam?

2nd… AFAIK the fox used to be a load & fuel theft “hotspot” IIRC there has been several posts on TN in the past.
It would be reasuring, to know measures have been put in place to give visiting drivers some piece of mind

3rd…also within past posts where reports, of horrendous quality of food, & food standards. Has this been seriously addressed, & rectified?

The Fox Inn:

I like this person already!

The Fox Inn:

Harry Monk:

The Fox Inn:

u must really like that person harry

Looks like my kinda stop !! :smiley:

peirre:
3 points that come to mind regarding the OP
1st …since the OP`s 1st post is an advert, has the OP Advert been approved by either Rikki or the Mods?
or is it spam?

2nd… AFAIK the fox used to be a load & fuel theft “hotspot” IIRC there has been several posts on TN in the past.
It would be reasuring, to know measures have been put in place to give visiting drivers some piece of mind

3rd…also within past posts where reports, of horrendous quality of food, & food standards. Has this been seriously addressed, & rectified?

You can’t please some people!!!

1st point…This is for all drivers benefit, so who cares■■?

2nd point…Security is your responsibility if your not happy don’t park there. Mind you, you probably wouldn,t park anywhere around there!!!

3rd point…Go and find out, if you don’t like it tell him your concerns and i’m sure the new owner will rectify/reimburse you

To take on a Pub in this day and age takes some guts so lets all try and support this guy, if you find things not to your likeing you have a choice you either tell the owner or you don’t go back. But please don’t knock him till you’ve tried it. :wink:

Is the upstairs still open? :smiley:

I always found the ‘upstairs’ and free beer made the food taste pretty good. good luck, its always been a good place to stop

farmer:

Harry Monk:

The Fox Inn:

u must really like that person harry

Is that 4 free pints for a double post??

2 pints of xxxB and i’m heading for there. defo.

Wheel Nut:
Is the upstairs still open? :smiley:

I have never stopped there,but will try it in the future…what happens upstairs■■? :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with the venture…i hope everything goes OK…i am in the same boat as a few on here in that i am teetotal,so what do you get in place of the couple of beers that are in with the parking price… :wink:

I parked at Colsterworth services on friday night, paid £7 for the privilage and didnt even get a meal voucher for even a couple of quid.

The Fox is about 500 yds further down the A1, didnt realise it was under new management otherwise I might of parked in there instead. Though I wouldnt mind paying £12 for a couple of free pints, knowing that there are camera’s watching our trailers at night. One CCTV camera on each rear corner of the hardstand would be ample, and you might get a few more drivers using it, I know I certainly would. The company I work for now have a policy that you must secure park overnight, they’ve had too many curtains slashed while drivers have been parked up… I know drivers should be responsible for thier own security. Though that little bit of help by the premises you are parked at would help the driver get a good nights sleep knowing they are being watched, leaving them refreshed and more able to drive the following day.

Maybe if I’m back over that way and empty I’ll give “The Fox” a try, hopefully they take plastic.

I stopped by The Fox a few weeks ago and would thoroughly recommend it. The staff were very friendly and the food fantastic…good value for money. I did hear someone say that it was free to park on a Friday night…and they still gave you a receipt!!! Try it and you won’t regret it

SWraith:
Maybe if I’m back over that way and empty I’ll give “The Fox” a try, hopefully they take plastic.

When I have stopped their they either took a debit card with cash back or would run you down to the services in a car, I am sure the new owner would do the same.

Although it may be a stupid thing to post, the place was as safe as any other parking area, certainly safer than a layby on the A1.