The Forum upgrade Mega thread

:wink:

Please use this thread for any questions prior to the upgrade actually happening and when we come back on-line tomorrow to report any bugs/problems - Depending on how well the database migration goes we hope to have everything working by tomorrow, but if we hit any unexpected problems the priority will be to get the forums up and running so some of the features may be delayed

(please note… anything off topic, trolling or simply annoying that gets posted in this thread will simply be deleted by me because I havent time to play games today :slight_smile: Anyone repeatedly annoying me will probably end up being one of the first guinea pigs on the new board for the pre-moderating of posts feature :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: )

Hi rikki-Uk

Should i sign out as i have ticked the box to keep signed in
and just a note good luck :wink:

That wont make any difference, the new board will require you to log in the first time you visit, so if you cant remember your password change it now ( Go to your profile to change it) to something you will remember tomorrow morning

what is the fastest land mammal?

only kidding.

will the new website be in the same format as this or will it be confusing to start with?

It is similar… but yes confusing until you get used to it those of you that use other forums will probably be used to it as many of them use phpBB3

for example the USA site is very similar to the end result we (hopefully) will have by tomorrow…
roundtable.truck.net/

Will there be different templates or will there just be the one like the present board?

The default template will be similar to the USA one linkd to in my post above, at this moment in time we dont have plans to add others although that may change

Rikki-UK:
It is similar… but yes confusing until you get used to it those of you that use other forums will probably be used to it as many of them use phpBB3

for example the USA site is very similar to the end result we (hopefully) will have by tomorrow…
roundtable.truck.net/

thats good then, like you said like many other forums. its good hopw you can read a bit of the post before jumping in.

cheers for that rikki

What kind of snactions are we talking about in your original post, will it be a cheese and pickling? Site looks good Just concerned that more complicated and shiny equals slower… On some of the topic threads the border lines and colours between posts seem indistinct and merge.

What kind of snactions are we talking about in your original post

:blush: :blush:
Corrected thanks :grimacing:

Cheers Rikki, seems ok one of the better forums to get around ‘well done all at T’net towers’

So far,so good.What more can we ask?. Congratulations to the Technical genius involved,(was that Brian of BLB?). Oh, and you too Rikki. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well the old format was 100% easier to read/look through. This is all very nice etc but not half as clear.

im not sure if its just me but it wont let me log into the chatroom, keeps sending me to the log in section even after i put in my details

Hutchie:
im not sure if its just me but it wont let me log into the chatroom, keeps sending me to the log in section even after i put in my details

It did that to me too,I guess it will just be something simple that get’s sorted out with time

The new forum looks good, but link don’t open in a new tab as they did in the old one.
Also maybe move the original poster back to a seprarate column, as it seem to give a messy look to the post titles.

Like the floating box with the info from the thread and the modern look is good.

Rogers scrolly things don’t work in firefox, they just show the code :frowning:

SadMike:
Rogers scrolly things don’t work in firefox, they just show the code :frowning:

thats fantastic!!! :smiley::D:D:D:D:D :unamused:

Well done to all concerned for their hard work.

My motorcycle club’s recently done a similar exercise and I’m aware of just how much hassle it can cause. To all posters, please be patient and don’t expect it to be perfect first off; the new style does take a bit of getting used to and there are bound to be some who don’t like it at first. It doesn’t tend to take long though before you get used to it; we found that. :slight_smile:

the new forum looks good. i’ve uploaded several pics but can’t figure out how to edit or post comments on them