The film convoy os 30 years old!

stlouisdumptrucks.com/Convoy … index.html

just a site i was given a link to for the greatest film ever!!

I remember going to the cinema with my best mate at the time to see it as his birthday treat. We were both 11 at the time. Happy days. :laughing:

Just got it on DVD from Amazon but some bits of the film have been edited. :frowning:

51 years old and hell drivers is still the best trucking film going :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I met Kris Kristoffersen in Austria earlier in the year in Austria, he was a very nice man and very down to earth, im still kicking myself for not asking him if i could get a picture of him standing in front of my truck, i know its not a Kenworth, but it is black!!

and did it have a headlamp out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

neil46:
and did it have a headlamp out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

couldnt have risked that in Austria, it would have cost a bomb in fines!!!

Quack Quack!

one of the best films ever imo :smiley:

Great film, i watched for the first time this summer :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Smokey and the Bandit meant it never got a look in.

neil46:
51 years old and hell drivers is still the best trucking film going :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Neil could’nt argue with that, but for documentry Destination Doha takes some beating. regards Big Al

And kids who have never seen Convoy still stand on the bridges willing us to blow our airhorns. When was the last time you saw a truck with a chain operated horn on the roof :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont confuse Mr Vain, that is his loo :wink:

Wheel Nut:
And kids who have never seen Convoy still stand on the bridges willing us to blow our airhorns. When was the last time you saw a truck with a chain operated horn on the roof :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont confuse Mr Vain, that is his loo :wink:

PMSL :smiley:
If i get kids doing that (its more likely drunks outside pubs having a smoke cos of the job i do) i just turn my twirley lights on for a couple of seconds. A big lorry with a horn like a mini isnt very impressive!!!

The red rope in this picture is the pull cord for my air horns

The toilet pull is a traditonal chain! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: