The Fickle World oF The Agency Driver

ordered :wink: :wink: :wink:

cheers mate

Thank you. :wink:

Time for a little BUMP methinks FPMSL

I was trying to be more subtle than that, didn’t work eh? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

scanny77:
i have started moaning too. at the moment, my daily commute is 45 mins each way. its costing £40 a week in petrol and in a few weeks, i will get a new car which runs on high octane petrol and it guzzles the stuff.

My agency regularly phones me for work outside the county. Even though I live in Driffield, apparently J34 on the M62 is a “reasonable distance” to them.

Anyways, gets a phone call the other day to ask me about a shunting job which I declined because it is only 8hrs a day and the first 2 hrs pay ends up in the Chancellors and the petrol companies pockets.

So he asks me how far I’d travel. I told him to get a map, get a compass and set it to the distance that represents 30 miles and draw a circle using Driffield as the centre. “Anywhere in that, I’ll travel to” I says. “But you’ll travel to Goole but not to Thorne?” comes the reply. “Yup. Extra 15 miles. What’s next - working out of Doncaster? In fact you’ve got a Doncaster office so why do you always phone me?” “Well we have an office in Goole” is the reply. “No you don’t…you have an office in Hull that has a redirected Goole phone number you mean” I retorted. “Oh yeah” he replied, a bit upset I’d worked it out.

I am good for business aren’t I Neil :smiley:

You’ll love the book coder, very well written & shows how the other half live :wink:

Ooops ! bumped again

scanny77:
i have started moaning too. at the moment, my daily commute is 45 mins each way. its costing £40 a week in petrol and in a few weeks, i will get a new car which runs on high octane petrol and it guzzles the stuff. i told them i wont be able to run the car on the money they are paying so they will either give me local work or pay me more :sunglasses:

There have been some daft posts on here but this one takes the biscuit!!!

This surely wins the award for the Most Ridiculous Post of the Century let alone the year.

From the other side of the fence I’d say that there are occasions when I might offer someone an extra inducement to cover a particular shift, but as a regular feature? Can’t afford to. Margins for agencies these days are tight and getting tighter :frowning:{|=

I’ll say this though - if you push too hard too often you might just find that you get less calls…

I’ve heard the one about “my car uses 3 gallons of fuel every day to get to that job” and I’ve checked the distance and seen that it’s maybe 20 miles each way…
Equally I know drivers who cover that distance and significantly more without a word of quibble because they know they are getting a good job at the right rate.

TheBear:

scanny77:
i have started moaning too. at the moment, my daily commute is 45 mins each way. its costing £40 a week in petrol and in a few weeks, i will get a new car which runs on high octane petrol and it guzzles the stuff. i told them i wont be able to run the car on the money they are paying so they will either give me local work or pay me more :sunglasses:

This surely wins the award for the Most Ridiculous Post of the Century let alone the year.

Not to mention he’ll just use it to sit in the inside lane @55mph and hack us all off…

Though he will flash us back in
:unamused:

steve_24v:

TheBear:

scanny77:

Not to mention he’ll just use it to sit in the inside lane @55mph and hack us all off…

Though he will flash us back in
:unamused:

note my location :unamused:

the agency work is just to keep me going til i start my new job next month which will easily pay for the new car. i did bring the subject up and they have offered me petrol money when the time comes. a bit of leeway both ways. i told them i dont need it yet and they will pay when i need it :sunglasses:

scanny77:

Well buy a diesel or LPG !

thecoder0:
Last Friday 0600 start at a local haulier usual stuff 1st load Morrisons Wakefield. I phone the yard and they tell me to run in empty.

Get back to yard tofind the TM looking a bit sheepish

TM “DON’T SUPOSE YOU CAN DO ME A FAVOUR”

ME “WHATS THAT MATE”

TM “SEE THAT LOAD OVER THERE …”

ME"YEP"

TM"THE DRIVER HAS JUST SHOVED A NOTE UNDER THE DOOR TO SAY HE HAS JACKED"

Well in my experience when one of our colleages decides to move on and he has seen the next days load it means one thing.
ITS A LOAD OF CRAP.

TM “Its just a few drops round HULL mate already loaded in drop order piece of cake if anyone complains about it being late tell em to ring me”

ME"Does this mean that I will be required next week being a driver down"
TM “OH YES”

Off I toddle but before I do I txt the agy to make sure they confirm the booking 20 mins later they txt back 0500 start Tuesday.

I kick arse round Hull working like a dog to get them off and back to the yard for 1500.

TM" Could you dom me another favour Dave nip to NETTO and tip this load

ME tug mi forelock and off I go.

1745 back at yard NO TM to be seen and a txt message from agy that reads
: YOU HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I try to ring agy but no answer so home for a beer…

Tuesday morning 0915 and I am on the school run when the moby bursts into life AGY "DAVE CAN YOU GET INTO XXXXXXXXX in half an hour the jobs back on.

ME "Yep but only if you pay t/half all hours

AGY “er er er er yeah go on then”

I know seems a bit off but I am getting zb off with muppets

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done mate you made em pay! ■■■■■! :laughing:

it’s like on each Place of the World.
if you get well on with Agency and theres World you are a winner.
if not,you are a looser

anyone agrees :question:

Lovlyperson:
it’s like on each Place of the World.
if you get well on with Agency and theres World you are a winner.
if not,you are a looser

anyone agrees :question:

I think I might agree, but on the other hand…

tartanraider:

scanny77:

:laughing: i like them fast mate

scanny77:

tartanraider:

scanny77:

:laughing: i like them fast mate

Well they ain’t going to be going too fast when sat on your drive with no petrol in it cos you can’t afford it :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Thats why I got rid of my jag and got an ■■■■■■ diseasel

i have a really economical old polo… but i still dont want to work in corby when i live in northampton!

we drive enough… we dont need a long drive home after working 15 hours or havin a stressful day…

i got a job that i can walk to at the moment! its great! ner ner ner ner! ;oP

hehe ;o)

does it have a hole in the middle

well i done the opposite,cus i only work 10 minutes drive away i thought i might aswell by a big chelsea tractor and enjoy it while i can, so i brought this and im not to bothered that its a guzzerler, cus it still only costs me £20 a week :sunglasses: