The Eddie Stobart Spotters Thread

Hello everyone

Don’t worry, I am still alive and judging from the posts on some of my threads, I’ve been missed, something I didn’t expect

I’m sorry to say I’m just about sick of the attitude of some members towards me on Trucknet and also due to a lack of free time, I therefore I feel I am left with no option but to leave the site for the moment :frowning:

Why take the p*** out of me?? I’m just a keen young truck spotter and I just want to learn about the industry in which is my passion!!!

What is it about young people interested in road transport, why do you have to take the p*** out of us■■? How does the haulage industry expect to get its next generation of truckers, how do they expect to get their next generation of transport managers and its next generation of haulage bosses if all current haulage people bully, abuse and get them down with disparaging comments!!!

It has been dragging me down for a while now and that’s why I am rarely on Trucknet now but I however will return to Trucknet at some point soon

However, I do realise that some people would still like questions answered in particular regarding Eddie Stobart’s and therefore if anyone would like to have my email address to email questions/share photos, if you PM me I will share my email address and I will also be happy to share my own photos and answer any questions regarding Eddie Stobarts as if I can’t answer it I have a lot of contacts who can.

I am happy to help anyone with questions

I do still get out with the camera and take plenty of photos still but I spend most of my limited free time now on social networking and my increasingly busy and popular Flickr site:
flickr.com/photos/114157478@N06/

Anybody who is interested and has a Flickr account, check me out and if you follow or like any of my photos, I will always add you as a contact as a thankyou for taking your valuable time to look at my photos :slight_smile:

I am pleased to say I have had other support from fellow members of Trucknet who I would like to thank and I am pleased to say I am still in contact with some really nice and fantastic friends from Trucknet.

I am pleased to say quite a few Trucknet members have come and spoken to me when I have been at truck shows and rallies. This was great to put a face to a name!

I’d also like to thank the members who I have as friends on social media and via email. Thankyou for not putting me down and taking the p*** out of me!!

I will pop on now and then but please, if anyone has Stobart or ■■■■■■■■ haulage related photo material or questions, please PM me for my Email :slight_smile:

If any of you’s recognise me and see me about at shows or if your behind the wheel of a wagon in which I’m photographing, please give me a wave or come and have a crack. I am friendly and do not bite and I like nothing more than meeting new faces and people!

Thankyou to everyone for keeping my threads I started alive too. You are stars and every photo you have posted and comments is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Take care friends and speak to you’s all soon but don’t forget CG will be watching you!!

Cheers

Tom (CG)

Stanfield:
Edward Stobart son of William is now a director of this new company based in Carlisle anyone know anything about them.(photo found on ebay)

Hi Stansfield

WS Transportation is run as you say by Ed Stobart and they run around 40 lorries out of two sites, Thirsk & Bolton

Most of the work is for steel manufacturers Severfield Watson, but they have contracts with Eddie Stobart (for general haulage/Tesco) & Scania (UK Truck Distribution)

Cheers
Tom

There are a lot of sad people in the world. And a lot of them hide behind their keyboards. Just do your thing and ignore them.

And yes trucknet is a place full of the keyboard warriors.

happysack:
There are a lot of sad people in the world. And a lot of them hide behind their keyboards. Just do your thing and ignore them.

And yes trucknet is a place full of the keyboard warriors.

Hello happysack

I wish I could just ignore them but its mentally hurt me the abuse so atm I just feel unable to keep up with Trucknet :slight_smile:

I will be back soon though :slight_smile:

Cheers
Tom

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello everyone

I’ve been missed, something I didn’t expect

Youd better believe it. I as many others will miss your very informative posts and pics.
Dont stay away too long marra`. I shall keep posting on your threads as will others.
And I will certainly say hello if we ever meet.
Take care and keep smiling.
Regards
Jakdaw.

Jakdaw:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello everyone

Youd better believe it. I as many others will miss your very informative posts and pics.
Dont stay away too long marra`. I shall keep posting on your threads as will others.
Regards
Jakdaw.

Well said

Jakdaw:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello everyone

Regards
Jakdaw.

We all will miss your post ■■■■■■■■ gill :cry: :cry: :cry:

irish lorries:

Jakdaw:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello everyone

Regards
Jakdaw.

We all will miss your post ■■■■■■■■ gill :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hear,hear :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t let the bar stewards get you down marra, they not worth it :angry:

Jakdaw:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello everyone

Regards
Jakdaw.

Thankyou Jakdaw and everyone for their kind comments

I did not expect this type of reaction when I announced I was leaving Trucknet

I expected my post about leaving would go pretty much unnoticed and unimportant

I’m sorry to hear I’ll be missed, but don’t worry folks I will be back soon.

I just want to get everything sorted as regarding abuse first then I’ll be back

However, for all those people who want to keep in touch with me share photos/ask Stobart related questions, I am available on Flickr (thomasgill495), Facebook and my email address:

Anyone wanting my email address to keep in touch please PM me. I will happily send my email to anyone who wants to be friends/keep in touch

Please if you see me about at truck shows, come over and speak to me or if you catch me behind the camera taking a photo of your wagon, please give me a wave!!

I will be attending Gaydon Retro Show 2014 in September so I hope to catch up with a few of you’s their :slight_smile: Please come and speak to me if you spot me, I am friendly and I don’t bite!!!

This is my last post for a while so take care friends, fellow spotters and supporters, speak soon and keep taking the photos and the threads alive!!!

Cheers
Tom

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Jakdaw:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello everyone

Regards
Jakdaw.

Thankyou Jakdaw and everyone for their kind comments

I did not expect this type of reaction when I announced I was leaving Trucknet

I expected my post about leaving would go pretty much unnoticed and unimportant

I’m sorry to hear I’ll be missed, but don’t worry folks I will be back soon.

I just want to get everything sorted as regarding abuse first then I’ll be back

However, for all those people who want to keep in touch with me share photos/ask Stobart related questions, I am available on Flickr (thomasgill495), Facebook and my email address:

Anyone wanting my email address to keep in touch please PM me. I will happily send my email to anyone who wants to be friends/keep in touch

Please if you see me about at truck shows, come over and speak to me or if you catch me behind the camera taking a photo of your wagon, please give me a wave!!

I will be attending Gaydon Retro Show 2014 in September so I hope to catch up with a few of you’s their :slight_smile: Please come and speak to me if you spot me, I am friendly and I don’t bite!!!

This is my last post for a while so take care friends, fellow spotters and supporters, speak soon and keep taking the photos and the threads alive!!!

Cheers
Tom

Will add you on Flickr when I can get logged into it enjoy your break

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Jakdaw:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Cheers
Tom

I’m not what you’d class as a spotter but I do take an interest in ‘different’ looking trucks and without those of you with cameras at the ready plenty would be missed. I’m glad I got the chance to send you some pics of the LST we run and wish you well.

012.JPG
One of Eddies and a Wisemans. :laughing: :laughing:

Here I lay me down down to sleep…

Preston.

Anyone got photos of the stobart rail Iveco tipper or and other stobart rail equipment

“■■■■”

Ulceby,N.Lincs.

O4Goodnessake:
Ulceby,N.Lincs.

An outstanding photo Rick

Many thanks marra

Cheers
Tom

I am officially back on Trucknet after request and managing to sort out other issues

I intend to keep posting photos and reply to all your previous posts

Thankyou for everyone for keeping the thread alive and I hope for your continuous support

Photos coming soon!!!

Cheers
Tom