The DVLA & laser eye surgery

Has anyone who has restriction code 01 (vision correction) on their licence had laser eye surgery and did you inform the dvla? I have looked on their website but can’t get a proper answer to what i’m looking for.

From my point of view, laser is a form of vision correction, so even if i don’t tell them i’m still abiding by the law. I’m just not wearing my contact lenses anymore…

Thoughts?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

With 01 on your license and you get stopped and your not wearing your glasses them your in trouble, you need to get it removed. But to do that means an eye test and medical, with no certain guarantee of it being removed. IF the surgery goes wrong and they can fully correct your vision the worst case is that you could be in a position that you could not meet the minimum requirements for vocational driving and loose your license

When I had mine done, it took them 6 weeks to make the change. That was after 3 phone calls and them saying ’ you don’t need to tell us’

Actually, as Pierre rightly said, I do. If I get stopped and I am not wearing the glasses I don’t need anymore then you charge me with driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence and we fight it out in court

Ignore what they say over the phone and send a letter. The 6 weeks was before Covid so goodness knows how long it will take now

I dont know if you’ve had laser eye surgery,I had two operations for cataracts which was a success but all these operations incur risk,I wouldnt have anyone carrying out an operation on my eyes unless there was no other option,I’d rather use glasses,I did get a secondary cataract but the optician said there was a 1/200 chance of a retinal detachment if I had corrective treatment(yag laset)so I decided against it and chose wearing glasses instead