The dreaded flu

As ive been hit with flu or man flu hopeing that it goes by monday.

how do people that tramp deal with waking up dying of man flu when out on the road.

And yes i know “man up” or “get a grip”.

I went down with it Thursday after new year…last night was the first uninterrupted nights kip I’ve had since.

Dan_1986:
As ive been hit with flu or man flu hopeing that it goes by monday.

how do people that tramp deal with waking up dying of man flu when out on the road.

And yes i know “man up” or “get a grip”.

If it was Flu, you would be wishing you were dead by Monday.

Flu, or Influenza is a seriously debilitating condition. It should never be confused (although it often is) with a strong case of light sniffles, a sore throat or that most serious of illness’s in the male of the species . . . manflu.

youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

thats RUBBISH!!! if youre going to go to work then wrap up warm take loads of medicine and cough sweets, use the night heater & keep as warm as you can. If you dont feel like work dont go. nowt worse than feeling crap at work, and mistakes can be made when youre not 100% Dont be a hero fella. :frowning: :slight_smile:

Well ive been hit with somthing temp of 39.9c fist time all day ive been able to stand up let alone feel any sense of normal…

I got soaked to the skin friday delivering in brighton.

If you are employed tramping and do not feel safe to drive then contact base and inform them of your situation

It is then up to the company to sort things out so everybody remains safe

If the company TELL you to drive when you know its unsafe then get that in a text from them before you drive - the company will soon find another option instead of sending that text because they will not want to chance a corporate charge if things go ■■■■ up

Dan_1986:
Well ive been hit with somthing temp of 39.9c fist time all day ive been able to stand up let alone feel any sense of normal…

I got soaked to the skin friday delivering in brighton.

If you don’t feel up to it, then don’t turn in. Simples.

In a totally unscientific test I read a few years ago, a very strong head cold puts you in 3x over the drink driving limit sort of area.

If you’re an idle Barsteward then the boss probably already has you sussed, if you’re genuinely ill then don’t do it. Stay in bed & let the missus bring you hot soup & wipe your forehead with a comfort cloth.

Don’t be a ‘Typhoid Mary’ & spread your illness still further.

I came down ill in Holland once, dropped trailer and went looking for medicine but ended up driving the wrong side of the road for about 1/2 km swearing at all the idiots on the wrong side! I was feeling really rough. Went to bed and took a long drive home next day stopping when I needed to.

Learnt from then on to have a basic medicine box in cab. To get you feeling good enough to carry on.

If you had what everyone else has had mate you will feel rough for about 3/4 days. It’s the winter virus. You need to ingest it and I recon people at work are coughing / sneezing on steering wheel then you drive it next and eat your dinner / touch your mouth etc. still your not missing much, 5 hours behind today!

Mark22_2:
I came down ill in Holland once, dropped trailer and went looking for medicine but ended up driving the wrong side of the road for about 1/2 km swearing at all the idiots on the wrong side! I was feeling really rough. Went to bed and took a long drive home next day stopping when I needed to.

Learnt from then on to have a basic medicine box in cab. To get you feeling good enough to carry on.

If you had what everyone else has had mate you will feel rough for about 3/4 days. It’s the winter virus. You need to ingest it and I recon people at work are coughing / sneezing on steering wheel then you drive it next and eat your dinner / touch your mouth etc. still your not missing much, 5 hours behind today!

Yeah you could be right there coughing and all that in the cabs with that and getting wet on fri, im off this weekend lucky so i wont use sick days or lose money.