The Dartford Crossing

This isnt a whing, just an observation on my near daily use of the crossing.

Whilst going over the bridge from north to south its 4 lanes right, the 2 outer lanes have 6’6" width restriction signs over the lanes on the gantrys ( circular which is an order, not advisory), so why is it that you still see HGV,s using them. the lanes dont seem to be any more narrow than the others, could it be a ploy to get the cars through faster

Whislt going from south to north theres 2 tunnels , i use the left hand pipe alot for the thurrock turning, now every day i see at least 4 to 5 car drivers that are exiting from the right hand tunnel cross the 2 solid white lines that separate the traffic and nearly cause accidents, only a matter of time before it happens

As far as i,m aware there both nicks, why isnt the crossing of the solid white lines enforced by the crossing plod? & why arnt HGV’s allowed to use lane 3 or 4 on the bridge?

next time your that way take a look and see how many drivers do it

Regards

Manny

manny:
Whilst going over the bridge from north to south its 4 lanes right, the 2 outer lanes have 6’6" width restriction signs over the lanes on the gantrys ( circular which is an order, not advisory), so why is it that you still see HGV,s using them. the lanes dont seem to be any more narrow than the others, could it be a ploy to get the cars through faster

i believe its set like that because they prefer the cars to use the Right hand tolls, where its automatic, one coin exit, and speeds up the flow

Whislt going from south to north theres 2 tunnels , i use the left hand pipe alot for the thurrock turning, now every day i see at least 4 to 5 car drivers that are exiting from the right hand tunnel cross the 2 solid white lines that separate the traffic and nearly cause accidents, only a matter of time before it happens

same really applies as above. the cars use a automatic coin operated toll
on the right of the toll booths, and the cars automatically use the right hand tunnell, and have to cross the lines at the end of the tunnel, to get off for Lakeside and Thurrock.

As far as i,m aware there both nicks, why isnt the crossing of the solid white lines enforced by the crossing plod? & why arnt HGV’s allowed to use lane 3 or 4 on the bridge?

too busy with the flow of the tunnell, and the convoying of the tankers, and eating Do nuts in the canteen!!

next time your that way take a look and see how many drivers do it

Regards

Manny

hope that helps a bit