The Cycling Proficiency Test has changed a bit

Can you see me drive? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

https://www.facebook.com/jamespalmer01/videos/10155047076865298/

This is just down the road from me on the A35 (Totton bypass), just after Rushington roundabout heading towards the Redbridge flyover/M271.

He’s a Lad :wink:

And if he falls and injures himself he’d probably sue the lorry driver for not taking care of his safety.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: can’t wait to hear the justification behind this from our “bored” spokesman. :confused:

Martin Wiltshire, Anna Greenwood and 450 others like this

Yep I wonder if these people are cyclists? :open_mouth: If the cyclist got injured/killed it will be the lorry at fault because it has not got a sign on it saying “cyclists stay back:unamused:

its just evolution from back to the future.

You gotta hope Alder, the majority are “liking” the clip, and not the activity. But what do I know… :unamused:

It did make me think “What would I do if I saw this muppet hanging off the back of my wagon?” - I know that road well, and it’s not a place you can stop to “ave a word” and the cyclist would just bugger off the second you stopped anyway. Also putting on the brakes could plant the cyclist on his face & be run over by following vehicles.

So what do you do? Ease off the throttle and hope the bellend gets the message, or carry on and hope for the best?

Also, not wishing to be contentious :wink: But if only there was a way to identify this cyclist and get him prosecuted. Just like the car driver was a week or so back, from a cyclist’s video evidence. If only… :smiley:

There is no justification for that, but let’s face it, it’s just another chav on a bike, not someone I would call a cyclist anymore than the trucker that kills someone isn’t a trucker, well according to some on here.
As for what I’d do, just brake, hard, and let him face the consequences.

Slow down to 10mph, hold all the traffic up (which on that road will take about 37 secs) and make the peddler look like a massive inconvenience.

As my old Mum used to say, “it’s not big and it’s not clever”. :smiley: