The cream of HGV driving jobs

as the topic suggests. who are considered the best hauliers or own account companies to work for? you know, the jobs you get into and never want to leave, not just salary but the whole package…

cheers.

wayne

Stobarts…

…(awaits the angry mob)

Nate187:
Stobarts…

Opens deck chair, grabs a bag of pop corn, opens a bottle of Becks Blue (other alc free larger is available) sits back and waits for the fireworks :slight_smile:

welder:

Nate187:
Stobarts…

Opens deck chair, grabs a bag of pop corn, opens a bottle of Becks Blue (other alc free larger is available) sits back and waits for the fireworks :slight_smile:

Mind if I sit beside you, this should be fun :smiley:

always room, you bring the nacho’s :slight_smile:

MJD Transport or Simon Gibson.

Just a guess as every motor of thiers is spot on tidy, very smart fleets and spoke to drivers who have never grumbled.

time to get down to serious business :laughing:

bigfoot:
MJD Transport or Simon Gibson.

Just a guess as every motor of thiers is spot on tidy, very smart fleets and spoke to drivers who have never grumbled.

And not a very good guess! Although to be fair they have been updating their fleet of late which was overdue.

K&N maybe? It does for me. I don’t want to leave :slight_smile:

:laughing: [zb] question really, forget i asked, don’t know what i was thinking… :wink:

wdf76:
:lol: [zb] question really, forget i asked, don’t know what i was thinking… :wink:

Why?? This is a good question in this section.

For me the best jobs are companies that train you correctly and then trust you to get on with the job. I have found that family run businesses are the best to work for from a drivers point of view especially if its general haulage. Unfortunately general haulage would be the most difficult job for a newbie as you have no idea what the next load or type or trailer may be.

However no matter what anyone says on this forum companies like Stobart’s and Norbert’s always pay on time and the job is easy.

m4rky:

wdf76:
:lol: [zb] question really, forget i asked, don’t know what i was thinking… :wink:

Why?? This is a good question in this section.

For me the best jobs are companies that train you correctly and then trust you to get on with the job. I have found that family run businesses are the best to work for from a drivers point of view especially if its general haulage. Unfortunately general haulage would be the most difficult job for a newbie as you have no idea what the next load or type or trailer may be.

However no matter what anyone says on this forum companies like Stobart’s and Norbert’s always pay on time and the job is easy.

Thanks for your response, I was expecting a bit of flack tbh. I’m currently in a rigid for a general haulage firm. I’m hoping with c+e test coming up I can get a chance to prove my worth in an artic.

If your already doing general on class 2 then class 1 will only be different not harder if that makes sense.

m4rky:
If your already doing general on class 2 then class 1 will only be different not harder if that makes sense.

perfect sense… just a bit more planning so you don’t miss the side street where your drop is… :wink: