The cost of owning Daf CF85 in Aus'

I was looking for a AC Condenser for my truck here in Queensland the best price I could get was $900 (525.65GBP) searched the net and came across same there for 64.85gbp $111.00AUD from Advanced Radiators. The cost of spare parts here for the Daf which is becoming pretty popular since Paccar took them over is their biggest drawback. I could not be happier with the performance and reliability of my 05 CF85 which has done 1080000 Klm Engine hasn’t been touched, replaced 1xTurbo and 1 Clutch price of each was approx. $5000 still got original drive brakes thanks to the excellent retarder. Truck has been towing Tri Axle LPG Tanker, and Last 8 years Tri Axle Tipper, Gross 42.5 Tonnes so it doesn’t shirk the hard work.
I get great information from this forum and I thank you all for that.

Hope you all have Safe Christmas and happy New Year.
Regards Robwil. :smiley:

G’day All
Ok took the plunge and purchased AC Converter online from GB, cost plus post was GBP 176.49
compared to GBP 600.39.here in Oz.( Hope all goes well )
Seems we could use a good spare parts agent to offer some competition to the Daf Agent.

Cheers :sunglasses:

robwil:
G’day All
Ok took the plunge and purchased AC Converter online from GB, cost plus post was GBP 176.49
compared to GBP 600.39.here in Oz.( Hope all goes well )
Seems we could use a good spare parts agent to offer some competition to the Daf Agent.

Cheers :sunglasses:

Someone is cleaning up nicely on there prices :open_mouth:

g’day mate :grimacing:

think ill go out to oz and import daf parts :grimacing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

but then i think what the queensland police are like :imp: :imp: $180 fine for speeding 1hr after getting off the plane at brisbane :unamused: :unamused:

G’day all
Well that worked a treat ordered new condenser on the 3rd Jan’ (London) arrived my place on the Gold Coast 9Th, fitted to truck this morning, (cool again) saving of 423.62GBP
I know where I’ll be getting parts in the future.
Sorry to hear about the speeding fine, but I’m sure revenue raising is not restricted to just Oz cops something we all have to deal with at times !

Regards to all.

Rob :smiley:

he got me with a forward facing camera :open_mouth: , thats why i was shocked, never seen one in a cop car before

Mate
They can shoot you from the front or back, they even have these new cameras that can take multiple pics per minute they can be on the side of the road, don’t even have to be manned, the first you know about it is when you get the fine in the mail,( Not very fair) :blush: